11 new ice cream flavors for the summer
Summer’s almost here and ice cream processors are launching new flavors in time for the season. Tropical fruits, candy, mint and mocha flavors are showing up in the dairy aisle. Here are 11 new ice cream, sorbet and sherbet flavors to check out:
Marble Slab Creamery and MaggieMoo's Ice Cream and Treatery, Norcross, Ga., are bringing out new flavors every month this summer that inspired-by tropical destinations, including:
- Mango Fusion: made with mango lychee ice cream, strawberries, mango and strawberry topping.
- Peanut Butter Fluff Passport: made with peanut butter fluff ice cream, chopped peanuts and bananas.
- Amaretto Fig Adventure: made with amaretto ice cream, chocolate chips, almonds and fig topping.
- Exotic Coconut Sorbet
Baskin-Robbins, Quincy, Mass., said its June flavor of the month is:
- Strawberry Lemonade Punch Sherbet: a blend of strawberry and lemonade sherbets.
Blue Bell Creameries, Brenham, Texas, released its newest flavor in May:
- Red Velvet Cake: it has red velvet cake inclusions and a cream cheese icing swirl.
Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever is coming out with a freezer-load of new flavors in its Magnum and Breyers lines.
Mint and mocha flavors are among the new varieties in Magnum's traditional-sized ice cream bars. The new flavors are:
- Mint bars: mint ice cream dipped in Belgian chocolate with crystallized sugar bits.
- Mochaccino bars: mocha ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate.
For some of the new Breyers flavors, the emphasis is on candy and cookies as part of its Breyers Blasts! line. Among the flavors are:
- Chocolate Reese’s: chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup swirl in a chocolate flavor.
- Golden Oreo Cookies & Cream: Golden Oreo cookie pieces in swirls of golden vanilla and a sweet cream-flavored base.
- S'mores: chocolate chips and a graham cracker swirl in artificially flavored marshmallow base.