Haagen-Dazs launches 7 flavors of gelato
Oakland, Calif.-based Haagen-Dazs is introducing a new gelato frozen dessert product to its line.
The gelato is available in seven Italian-inspired flavors, with ingredients that include Madagascar vanilla, Brazilian coffee, San Francisco sea salt, Oregon cherries and South African lemons. The gelato will be available nationwide beginning April 2013 and will feature the following flavors:
- Stracciatella Gelato - chocolaty shavings in sweet cream gelato.
- Sea Salt Caramel Gelato - sea salt caramel in caramel gelato.
- Dark Chocolate Chip Gelato - bittersweet chocolaty chips in dark chocolate gelato.
- Vanilla Bean Gelato - vanilla gelato with flecks of vanilla beans.
- Cappuccino Gelato - cappuccino and sweet cream gelato.
- Limoncello Gelato - lemon gelato with vodka.
- Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato - black cherries with amaretto, an Italian liqueur.
Each flavor will be available in 14-ounce cartons for a suggested retail price of $4.79. Sea Salt Caramel Gelato and Vanilla Bean Gelato will also be available in 3.6-ounce cups for a suggested retail price of $1.49. The launch of the gelato will be supported by a full marketing mix including television, print and online advertising, as well as public relations, point of sale materials, a consumer promotion and a strong digital strategy. Haagen-Dazs is a brand of Nestle USA, Glendale, Calif.
Got a new dairy product to contribute? Submit it to Dairy Foods here.