Oakland, Calif.-based Häagen-Dazs (owned by Nestle USA) introduced an Artisan Ice Cream Collection earlier this year. The brand collaborated closely with various culinary artisans from around the country to introduce the line.
The new ice cream collection includes six flavors:
- Tres Leches Brigadeiro features modern spin on a traditional, celebratory sweet (the brigadeiro) from Brazil with tres leches ice cream. (Created in partnership with Paula Barbosa of My Sweet Brigadeiro in New York City)
- Banana Rum Jam is inspired by Drunken Monkey jam from The Jam Stand in Brooklyn, it features banana, rum and lime swirl in vanilla bean ice cream. (Created in partnership with Sabrina Valle and Jessica Quon of The Jam Stand in Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Chocolate Caramelized Oat features chocolate caramelized oat clusters blended into a caramel ice cream. (Created in partnership with Claire Keane of Clairesquares in San Francisco)
- Spiced Pecan Turtle features roasted pecans with cinnamon and chilies and swirls of caramel sauce with chocolate ice cream. (Co-created with Christopher Elbow of Christopher Elbow Artisanal Chocolate in Kansas City, Mo.)
- Ginger Molasses Cookie features vanilla cinnamon ice cream infused with the sweet, warm flavors of soft-baked ginger molasses cookies. (Created in partnership with Anna Gordon of The Good Batch in Brooklyn, N.Y.)
- Applewood Smoked Caramel Almond features swirls of smoked applewood caramel sauce combined with roasted, salted almonds in a sweet cream ice cream. (Co-created by Cruz Caudillo of Praline Patisserie in San Diego, Calif.)
All flavors are available in stores nationwide in 14-ounce cartons for a suggested retail price of $5.29.
Got new dairy products to contribute? Submit it to Dairy Foods here