Miguel Freitas, Ph.D., one of the world’s leading experts on the complex interactions between probiotics, the gut, and the microbiota, and vice president of scientific affairs at White Plains, N.Y.-based Danone North America, joins Dairy Foods for Episode 24 of the “Let’s Talk Dairy” podcast to discuss dairy and health and wellness.
Dr. Freitas has helped the global food and beverage company translate the growing body of evidence on different probiotic strains into a range of consumer products and collaborates with leading researchers worldwide to drive science and innovation related to probiotics. As a nutrition scientist and microbiologist, he has published several peer-reviewed studies on microbes and human health and is a frequent speaker at scientific conferences around the world.
In this episode, Dr. Freitas discusses the following:
- A new study funded by Danone North America and conducted by Rutgers University that is shedding more light on the connection between the gut microbiome and COVID-19.
- When we think about good gut health, most of us think about digestive health, but that is only one part of the story.
- The holiday season can easily disturb one’s microbiome. Learn about tips to get your gut back on track.
- Specific ways to support a healthy microbiome in 2023.
- How to boost your immune system during the current winter months.
For access to more podcast episodes, click here.