FSI report for the week beginning March 6, 2011
Dairy marketers jump on the health-and-wellness bandwagon, promoting the nutritional benefits of their foods in this week’s free-standing inserts.
GFA Brands instructs shoppers to “Give your kitchen a heart-healthier makeover” by switching to Smart Balance products, including buttery spreads, buttery sticks and milks. The company’s foods promote “a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and helps eliminate unhealthy trans fat,” according to the FSI. GFA Brands offers $5.75 in coupon savings.
Sargento touts the 25% reduction of sodium in its Colby Jack slices and string cheeses.
United States Nutrition states its Pure Protein powders, shakes and bars offer “delicious, healthy choices for the whole family” by maintaining lean muscle and strength, by helping to “fuel your body” and promoting overall health. The FSI offers a buy-one, get-one free coupon for bars and a $1 coupon toward the purchase of any powder or drink shake SKU. “Available at Target” appears on the insert.
The Dannon Co.’s DanActive yogurt makes the statement “helping support your immune system never tasted so good.”
In other FSI activity,
- Kellogg Co. promotes National Breakfast Day (March 8) by showing its cereal and waffle brands, along with a gallon of milk.
- The National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association and television personality Mr. Food herald the start of National Frozen Food Month (March) with a multipage FSI (although no dairy brands are pictured). The association’s “Win a 7-Day Family Caribbean Cruise Sweepstakes” awards a cruise for four departing from Miami. Entry is online or by mail. The sweeps, valued at $7,500, ends April 30.
- Kozy Shack Enterprises awards one $10,000 prize in “The Flippin' Over Kozy Shack Sweepstakes” (March 1 to May 31). Entrants go online, upload a photo and write a caption. The photo is then processed into a video. Entrants receive bonus entries when website visitors view their videos. For every valid entry, Kozy Shack donates 5 cents to Reading Is Fundamental, up to a maximum of $5,000. Kraft Foods instructs shoppers to find its new cooking crème in the cream cheese section.
- Dunkin’ Brands’ Baskin Robbins promotes its new mini soft-serve parfait with Kraft’s Oreo cookie pieces. Hershey’s Reese’s also gets a mention. The ice cream retailer offers “Happy St. Patty’s Day” wishes and offers a $3 coupon toward the purchase of any cake SKU.
- T. Marzetti Co. directs shoppers online for a recipe for a chicken panini made with the company’s chunky blue cheese dressing. An FSI for its Otria Greek yogurt vegetable dip instructs shoppers to “treat yourself like a goddess every day.”
- General Mills touts two new flavors of its Yoplait Delights-cherry cheesecake and chocolate éclair.
Return to the blog home page to read FSI reports from previous weeks.
View a slide show of all of this week’s free-standing inserts below.