The Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA) announced the winners in its annual Salute to Excellence competition. The award winners were chosen from more than 770 recently introduced food, beverage, kitchen, household and health & beauty care product submissions by 52 North American retailers. That is the highest number of submissions the association has ever received for the competition.
Each product was evaluated by a panel of professional and consumer judges on several criteria, New York-based PLMA said, including taste and sensory appeal, packaging, presentation and value for money.
Within the dairy category, awards went to:
- Cheeses: UNFI Brands+, Essential Everyday Ghost Pepper Jack cheese slices.
- Frozen novelties: Metro Inc., Irresistibles Vanilla Caramel stroopwafel sandwiches.
- Ice cream: BJ’s Wholesale Club, Wellsley Farms Premium Cookies and Cream ice cream, 64 ounces.
- Milk and nondairy milk products: Weis Markets, Weis Signature Collection whole chocolate milk, 1/2 gallon.
- Yogurts: Walmart, Great Value low-fat Mixed Berry yogurt pouches.
View the Salute to Excellence winners in all categories on plmawinners.com.
“The award winners exemplify how store brands go above-and-beyond consumer expectations,” said PLMA President Peggy Davies. “They represent exceptional quality, value and innovation.”