The American Dairy Products Institute (ADPI), an Elmhurst, Ill.-based trade organization focused on dairy ingredients and related products, said it introduced “L3 certification” (listen, learn, liaise) for many of its hosted events and activities that have a focus on training, education and development (T.E.D.) for attendees and participants.
“ADPI, a trade organization of, for and by its members, recognizes the critical importance of continuous ‘T.E.D’ related to its most valuable resource, our members, said Blake Anderson, ADPI’s president and CEO. “In today’s fast-paced competitive environment, ADPI members value the opportunity to have their associates attend an ADPI L3 certified event knowing they will acquire information, knowledge and enhanced skills with which to enhance their job performance and further enable growth for their businesses and our industry.”
ADPI said it utilizes a network of industry subject matter experts from within its membership ranks, which include the Center of Excellence resource group, its Training Academy and an impressive list of academics globally to deliver L3 benefits. Training, education and development is a strategic precept for ADPI and is foundational to why ADPI exists and thrives today in its 94th year of operation.
In addition to “open to industry” events such as conferences, seminars, forums and symposia, ADPI said it offers smaller T.E.D. events as part of its Training Academy — including the popular “Dairy 360 Short Course,” an overview/orientation for people who are new to the dairy industry, and more tailored “Dairy 101” activities that can be custom designed for an ADPI member’s specific needs or type of business. ADPI also will host four to six dairy ingredient-related webinars in 2020.
“By certifying some of our events as L3, our members and other attendees know that these activities are fit for purpose related to training, education and development for the people attending,” commented Dr. Phil Tong, ADPI’s director of dairy science, education and research. Tong is also an IFT Fellow and Professor Emeritus, Dairy Science (retired) from Cal Poly State University. In addition, he is a past president of the American Dairy Science Association.
The L3 events ADPI has planned for 2020 include:
- March 17-19, 2020: ADPI Dairy Ingredients Technical Symposium, Hilton Beachfront Resort, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- April 26-28, 2020: ADPI/ABI Joint Annual Conference, Hyatt Regency Downtown Hotel, Chicago
- May 19-20, 2020: ADPI Dairy Ingredient 360 Short Course, The Madison Concourse Hotel, Madison, Wis.
- June 9-11, 2020: DFM/ADPI Membrane Technology Forum, Marriott City Center Minneapolis
- Sept. 6-9, 2020: IWC 2020 (ADPI/EWPA), Dublin, Ireland
- Sept. 21-23, 2020: ADPI Dairy Ingredients Seminar, Hilton Beachfront Resort, Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Oct. 26-27, 2020: ADPI Technical Seminar, The Madison Concourse Hotel, Madison, Wis.
- Nov. (TBD), 2020: ADPI/CME Group Dairy Purchasing & Risk Mgmt. Seminar, venue TBD, Chicago
ADPI said attendees should look for the L3 certification symbol related to the above activities. Complete event information, including registration, will be available on the ADPI website, www.adpi.org.