It's July, which brings with it National Ice Cream Month. To celebrate our favorite month, we've gathered some new ice cream products that have launched over the last few months. Our list showcases some unique ice cream flavors, as well as organic and low-fat ice creams options.
Museum of Ice Cream, New York, launched a pint line with six unique flavors:
- Vanillionaire: vanilla ice cream with wafer cookies.
- Cherrylicious: cherry ice cream with pieces of cherry and sugar cookie bites.
- Churro Churro: cinnamon ice cream with churro bites.
- Chocolate Crush: chocolate ice cream with milk chocolate flakes.
- Pinata: cake bites, animal cookies, sprinkles and vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinklepool: vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles.
- Nana Banana: banana ice cream with almond butter and salted caramel swirls.
The ice cream pints are sold at Target stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99. The ice cream can also be found at the new The Pint Shop in New York and Museum of Ice Cream shop in San Francisco.
Petaluma, Calif.-based Three Twins Ice Cream introduced Maxine's, a line of budget-friendly organic ice cream. Named after the thrifty mom of Three Twins Founder Neal Gottlieb, Maxine’s is made with the same clean high-quality ingredients the company is known, including organic milk and cream and organic vanilla beans, the company said. It has a slightly lighter texture and less fat than the original line and is packed in larger 1.5-quart containers. Maxine’s is available in six flavors: vanilla, chocolate, mint chip, vanilla bean, cookies & cream and coffee. It's available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $6.99-$7.99. The chocolate flavor contains 190 calories, 11 grams of fat, 19 grams of sugar and 4 grams of protein per 2/3-cup serving.
Humboldt Creamery, Fortuna, Calif., launched two organic ice cream flavors: chocolate chip cookie dough and peanut butter chocolate chip. The organic ice cream can be found at a variety of grocery stores around across the United States. The ice cream also features the company’s new-and-improved package design, with increased logo identification and a distinctively different package featuring a watercolor illustration of the Humboldt landscape and two grazing dairy cows.
Sweet Habit is a new low-fat ice cream that is available in quarts. The ice cream contains 70 to 80 calories and 5 grams of protein per ½-cup serving. It’s available in four flavors:
- What the Caramel: Caramel ice cream with a caramel swirl. It contains 70 calories per ½-cup serving.
- Mint My Cookies: Mint ice cream with chunks of chocolate cookie. It contains 70 calories per ½-cup serving.
- PB & Fudge: Peanut butter ice cream swirled with fudge sauce. It contains 80 calories per ½-cup serving.
- Cinnamon Bunned: Cinnamon ice cream with icing mixed in. It contains 80 calories per ½-cup serving.
Sweet Habit is currently available at Kroger for a suggested retail price of $5.99 and will soon be expanded to select grocery stores. Sweet Habit is part of Foundry Foods, Oakland, Calif., an incubator for innovation supported by Nestlé USA.
Blue Bell Ice Cream, Brenham, Texas, released a chocolate peanut butter cookie dough flavor this spring. It features milk chocolate ice cream combined with peanut butter cookie dough pieces and milk chocolate chunks. Sold in half-gallons and pints, the ice cream is available for a limited time. It contains 200 calories, 11 grams of fat, 20 grams of sugar and 5 grams of protein per 1/2-cup serving. The suggested retail price is $7.89 per half gallon and it’s available in stores in the Southeast and Southwest region, including Texas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Missouri.
Also this spring, My/Mo Mochi Ice Cream, Los Angeles, added a salted caramel flavor to its line of mochi ice cream. Mochi is hand-held rice dough-covered ice cream. The new flavor is available in six-pack boxes for a suggested retail price of $5.99 and joins My/Mo's seven other flavor varieties. The portable ice cream treats are available in stores nationwide. The salted caramel flavor contains 110 calories, 3 grams of fat, 11 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein per 1.5-ounce piece.