Registration is now open for the first-ever 3-A Sanitary Standards Inc. (3-A SSI) virtual education program on May 17-18, 2021. The comprehensive two-day program is geared to audiences of all professional interests and skill levels and features experts on a range of leading topics and issues in the hygienic design of food processing equipment, McLean, Va.-based 3-A SSI said.
Participants will join authorities on virtually all aspects of hygienic equipment design from across the United States and around the world for this special learning and networking opportunity. Whether are searching for hygienic equipment design fundamentals or more specialized education, this event will fit the bill, 3-A SSI said.
The opening day will feature “3-A SSI for Beginners and the Basics of Hygienic Design.” This one-day introductory session is designed for industry newcomers and early career professionals. This will be a fast-moving, comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of hygienic design and the elements that distinguish 3-A Sanitary Standards.
Presentation topics will include Elements of Hygienic Design, Standards and Regulation, Materials of Construction, Principles of Hygienic Equipment Design and Fabrication, Principles of Hygienic Facility Design, Cleaning and Sanitizing and Operations and Quality, 3-A SSI said. The May 17 program will feature expert faculty including Scott Hoffmeyer (Spraying Systems Inc.), Gabe Miller (Pi-FS LLC) and Bryan Downer (Sani-Matic).
The second day of the program will feature presentations on the theme “The Role of Hygienic Design in Food Safety Plans.” The Food Safety Modernization Act rules have brought more scrutiny by FDA and state government inspectors on all the equipment and related infrastructure in the food processing industry. Speakers will share expert perspectives on improving the design and construction of food processing equipment and proving the effectiveness of specific equipment cleaning and sanitizing procedures, 3-A SSI said. Topics and presenters include:
- Microbial Food Safety Hazards, Dr. Linda Harris, University of California, Davis.
- Pathogen Control Strategies in Food Processing, Dave Kedzierski, Agri-Mark Inc./Cabot Creamery Cooperative.
- GFSI Benchmark Requirements and Risk Assessment, Rick Heiman, Dairy Farmers of America, and Patrick Wouters, EHEDG.
- Personal Care Products: Where 3-A Fits into Hygienic Design Training, Mark Drake, L’Oreal.
- Monitoring Environmental Hazards Overlooked by Sanitation, Darrell Bigalke, QualiTru Sampling Systems.
- Additive Manufacturing in the Food Industry, Greg Paulsen, Xometry.
- Principles of Hygienic Design for Belting, Adam Bannerman, Intralox.
- Avoiding Pitfalls in Hygienic Design: an Auditor’s Perspective, Daniel Erickson, H. Wainess & Assoc. Inc.
Registration is open now at $199 for the two-day program. Register today at https://www.3-a.org/News-Events-Updates/Events.
Sponsored Link opportunities are also available. For sponsorship details, contact Michael Drumm at 3-A SSI.