On Jan. 26, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA), Washington, D.C., announced new members of its Executive Council, as well as new directors for its five Industry Segment Boards.
IDFA’s Executive Council is composed of executives from across the dairy foods industry and focuses on the business and operations of the association, IDFA said. The five Industry Segment Boards represent fluid milk, ice cream, cheese, yogurt and cultured products, and dairy-derived ingredients, and are composed of experts and executives who help drive policy and strategy alongside the association’s leadership. Together, the Executive Council and Industry Segment Boards make up IDFA’s governance structure and ensure that IDFA represents and engages all segments of the growing dairy industry in the United States.
“These executives were nominated and selected based on their demonstrated leadership, business expertise and willingness to dedicate time to the future success of IDFA and the dairy industry in the United States,” said Michael Dykes, D.V.M., president and CEO of IDFA. “Their knowledge, experience and input will guide our regulatory, legislative, communications and membership services so that IDFA is working in the best interest of our members and the industry overall.”
IDFA said it represents the nation’s dairy manufacturing and marketing industry, which supports more than 3 million jobs that generate $159 billion in wages and $620 billion in overall economic impact. IDFA’s diverse membership ranges from multinational organizations to single-plant companies, from dairy companies and cooperatives to food retailers and suppliers. Together, they represent approximately 90% of the milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt and cultured products, butter and dairy ingredients produced and marketed in the United States and sold throughout the world.
“IDFA’s governance helps to ensure a unified voice for all segments of the dairy industry, and I’m honored to serve alongside so many talented, dedicated professionals making delicious, nutritious and affordable dairy products for people all around the world,” said Dan Zagzebski, president and CEO of Great Lakes Cheese Co. Inc. and chairman of the IDFA Executive Council.
IDFA Executive Council Members (terms ending January 2021)
- Chair: Dan Zagzebski, president and CEO, Great Lakes Cheese Co. Inc.
- Vice chair: David Ahlem, CEO and president, Hilmar Cheese Company Inc.
- Secretary: Stan Ryan, president and CEO, Darigold, Inc.
- Treasurer: David Nelsen, vice president, manufacturing, Albertsons Companies
- Jay Bryant, CEO, Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association Inc.
- Peter Cotter, general manager, Cheese & Dairy, The Kraft Heinz Co.
- Tim Galloway, CEO, Galloway Co.
- Douglas Glade, executive vice president, commercial operations, Dairy Farmers of America Inc.
- Ken Jorgensen, director, Dairy Operations, H-E-B
- Jerry D. Kaminski, chief operating officer, Land O’Lakes Inc.
- Scott McGinty, CEO, Aurora Organic Dairy
- Tom Murphy, president, Brewster Cheese Co.
- Brian Phelan, CEO, Glanbia Nutritionals, Glanbia plc
- Shelley Roth, president, Pierre’s Ice Cream Co.
- Greg Schlafer, CEO, Foremost Farms USA
- Erin Sharp, group vice president, manufacturing, The Kroger Co.
- Patricia D. Stroup, global vice president and head of commodities, Nestle S.A.
- Sue M. Taylor, vice president, dairy economics & policy, Leprino Foods Co.
- Lawrence Webster, CEO, Upstate Niagara Cooperative Inc.
Gold business partner representatives on Executive Council:
- Dale Andersen, president and CEO, Delkor Systems Inc.
- Mary Ledman, global dairy strategist, Rabobank
- Mike Neu, senior vice president, food cultures & enzymes, Chr. Hansen Inc.
- Chris Olsen, vice president, community and government affairs, Tate & Lyle Ingredients Americas LLC
Industry Segment Boards chairs, vice chairs and additions (terms ending January 2022)
IDFA Fluid Milk Board:
- Chair: Jeffrey Kaneb, Executive Vice President, HP Hood LLC
- Vice chair: Ed Mullins, Executive Vice President & CEO, Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
- Bonnie Chan, CFO and officer, Crystal Creamery
- Kristi Kangas, president, Readington Farms Inc.
- Gold business partner: Randi Muzumdar, head of dairy/Food Americas, INTL FCStone Inc.
IDFA Ice Cream Board:
- Chair: Mike Wells, president and CEO, Wells Enterprises, Inc.
- Vice chair: Rich D. Draper, CEO, The Ice Cream Club Inc.
- Timothy B. Hopkins, president and CEO, Turkey Hill Dairy Inc.
- Gold business partner: Murray Bain, vice president, marketing, Stanpac
IDFA Cheese Board:
- Chair: Louie P. Gentine, CEO, Sargento Foods Inc.
- Vice chair: Doug Simon, president, Agropur U.S. Operations
- Patrick Criteser, president and CEO, Tillamook County Creamery Association
- Bill Graham, CEO, Bel Brands USA Inc.
- Neal Schuman, president, Schuman Cheese
IDFA Yogurt and Cultured Products Board:
- Chair: Philippe L. Caradec, vice president, public affairs & sustainable development NORAM, Danone North America
- Vice chair: Tim Walls, executive vice president, Schreiber US, Schreiber Foods Inc.
- Jorge Ramos, CEO, LALA U.S.
- Gold business partner: Patrick Carroll, president, IMA Dairy & Food
IDFA Ingredients Board:
- Chair: Andrei Mikhalevsky, former president and CEO, California Dairies Inc.
- Vice chair: Terry Brockman, President and chief operating officer, U.S. Division, Saputo Cheese USA Inc.
- Keith Murfield, CEO, United Dairymen of Arizona
- Vinith Poduval, senior vice president, enterprise quality and food safety, Schreiber Foods, Inc.
- William L. Schreiber, CEO, O-AT-KA Milk Products Cooperative Inc.