PMMI awards scholarships to member company family members
The association gave away $50,000 to those interested in a career in packaging and processing.
The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies (PMMI), Reston, Va., said it gave away $5,000 scholarships to 10 students through the PMMI Member Family Scholarship program. This new scholarship program supports member company employees or their immediate family members who are interested in packaging and processing as a career choice.
According to the association, students must havea GPA of 3.0 or higher to qualify for a scholarship.
“We know that PMMI member company employees are dedicated to the packaging and processing industries and have a vested interest in bridging the skills gap of the workforce,” said Jim Pittas, president and CEO, PMMI. “We’re proud to invest in the skills and knowledge of member employees and their family members — helping to ensure a skilled workforce of the future.”
PMMI said the winners of a 2019 PMMI Member Family Scholarship are:
- Anders Almberg, University of Iowa, marketing. Member company: Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
- Carling Deehr, Western Carolina University, marketing. Member company: SMC Corp. of America.
- Laura Dishno, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, marketing. Member company: Fristam Pumps USA.
- Austin Tanner Garrett, Brigham Young University, mechanical engineering. Member company: Key Technology Inc.
- Issac Grahl, Milwaukee School of Engineering, mechanical engineering. Member company: Dorner Mfg. Corp.
- McKay Brian Harris, Brigham Young University, finance. Member company: Kala Packaging LLC.
- Gavin Harwell, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, industrial and systems engineering. Member company: Henkel Corp.
- Russell Kostreba, Concordia University, organizational leadership and management. Member company: MGS Machine Corp.
- Brian Lai, Rutgers University, mechanical engineering and mathematics. Member company: Cozzoli Machine Co.
- Ernesto Molina, University of South Florida, computer engineering. Member company: Polypack Inc.
The Member Family Scholarship is one of several scholarships awarded or administered by the PMMI Foundation each year, providing over $200,000 in funds for students. These scholarships underscore PMMI’s commitment to the future of the packaging and processing industry, the association said.