Baskin-Robbins partnering with Netflix in ‘Stranger Things’ promotion
The partnership includes two exclusive ‘Stranger Things’-inspired Flavors of the Month.
Specialty ice cream-shop chain Baskin-Robbins, Canton, Mass., said it is partnering with Netflix to give “Stranger Things” fans something to sink their teeth into leading up to the show’s highly anticipated season three premiere on July 4. Starting in June, the show’s fans will be able enjoy two exclusive “Stranger Things”-inspired Flavors of the Month:
- Eleven’s Heaven: a waffle cone-flavored ice cream with chocolate-coated sugar cone pieces and a chocolate icing flavored ribbon.
- Upside Down Pralines: chocolate ice cream with praline pecans and a chocolate-caramel flavored ribbon.
Fans may get prepared for season three all month long, Baskin-Robbins said, with more “Stranger Things” inspiration, including:
- Upside Down Sundae: a sundae featuring the Upside Down Pralines Flavor of the Month that’s built upside down with the toppings on the bottom.
- Demogorgon Sundae: a waffle bowl sundae that resembles a Demogorgon monster.
- Byers’ House Lights Polar Pizza Ice Cream Treat: a flashback to season one that includes a Chocolate Chip Polar Pizza crust with Snickers ice cream, topped with strings of fudge and M&Ms chocolate candy Christmas lights.
- USS Butterscotch Quarts: butterscotch flavored ice cream loaded with butterscotch toffee and a toffee ribbon, a sneak preview of what’s to come in July.
- Elevenade Freeze: a refreshing summer drink made with vanilla ice cream and Minute Maid lemonade.
- Exclusive “Stranger Things” merchandise, including a one-of-a-kind Steve Funko figure, 80s-inspired magnets and sticker sets and “Stranger Things” t-shirts — all available at participating shops, while supplies last.
- Collectible containers: fresh-packed ice cream in one of four limited-edition containers featuring “Stranger Things” designs.
“We wanted to give fans a taste of the new season of ‘Stranger Things’ and are thrilled to partner with Netflix to give customers across the country an experience straight out of Hawkins, Ind.,” said Carol Austin, vice president of marketing for Baskin-Robbins. “Whether you love the show or just love some seriously delicious ice cream creations, we’ve got something for everyone.”
The curiosity voyage will continue on Sunday, June 9 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m., Baskin-Robbins said, with an Elevenade Freeze National Sampling Day. And Baskin-Robbins and Netflix teams will also bring season three’s Scoops Ahoy Ice Cream Shop to life with a one-of-a-kind ice cream truck that’ll be serving up scoops to fans on the West Coast in June.