All Star Association Inc., Lexington, Ky., elected new board members at its annual convention in March. They are: Dean Angott, C.F. Burger Creamery, Detroit; Rich Draper, The Ice Cream Club, Boynton Beach, Fla.; and Chris Hackman, Central Dairy, Jefferson City, Mo.
Hunter Farms of High Point, N.C., received the Member of the Year Award. Other award recipients were:
- Purchasing Award: Champion Brands, Clinton, Mo.
- Best Milk: Rockview Family Farms, Downey, Calif.
- Best Ice Cream: Gifford’s Ice Cream, Skowhegan, Maine
- Best Buttermilk: Plains Dairy, Amarillo, Texas
- Best Sour Cream: Upstate Farms, West Seneca, N.Y.
- Best Cottage Cheese: Super Store Industries, Turlock, Calif.
- Best Yogurt: Super Stores Industries, Turlock, Calif.
- Best Ice Cream Mix: Turner Dairy, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Dr. Henry Randolph Most Improved: Guida’s Dairy, New Britain, Conn.
- Supplier of the Year: Dupont Nutrition & Health/Danisco, New Century, Kan.
The association also honored former executive director Jeff Sterne, who retired.