Wisconsin's Kwik Trip dairy is All Star Association's member of the year
BGC Manufacturing won multiple awards for dairy products, as did Super Store Industries.
Kwik Trip, a convenience store chain based in La Crosse, Wis., which has its own dairy processing plant and bakery, received the Member of the Year Award from All Star Association Inc. at its annual meeting in Bonita Springs, Fla.
Other dairy processors honored at the association's 55th annual convention were:
- Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Kreider Farms, Manheim, Pa.
Quality Assurance Awards
- Best Milk. Sunshine State Dairy, Plant City, Fla.
- Best Ice Cream. Super Store Industries, Turlock, Calif.
- Best Buttermilk. BGC Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas
- Best Sour Cream. BGC Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas
- Best Cottage Cheese. Upstate Niagara Co-op, West Seneca, N.Y.
- Best Yogurt. Super Store Industries, Turlock, California
- Best Ice Cream Mix. Schneider Valley Farms, Williamsport, Pa.
- “Doc Lawrence” Most Improved Plant. BGC Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas
Thoroughbred Award (Supplier of the Year)
- Rehrig Pacific Co.
The John D. Utterback Annual College Scholarship awarded $5,000 evenly to the five member employee dependants.
Newly elected board members are: John Bedrosian, Unified Grocers, Los Angeles; Carl Colteryahn, III, Colteryahn Dairy, Pittsburgh; Larry Kurz, Readington Farms, Whitehouse, N.J.; Robert Mertz, Schneider Valley Farms, Williamsport, Pa.
All Star Association, Inc., Lexington, Ky., was started in 1958 and has 287 member companies and affiliates representing over 418 plants in 48 states, Puerto Rico, and Canada.