Wild’s natural Colors from Nature can replace synthetics
By Wild Flavors
WILD Flavors GmbH (WILD’s) line of natural colors offers replacements for FD&C colors currently utilized in many food and beverage applications. With Colors from Nature, WILD’s portfolio ranges from red, orange, and yellow to purple, blue and green. The natural color experts at WILD have created these colors in clear and cloudy liquid forms as well as dry powders for the U.S. market.
WILD exhibited these colors at Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore, MD last week (September 26th – 28th).
As a global leader for natural colors, WILD’s solutions may involve the following varieties, dependent upon our customers’ requirements for shade and application:
- The natural alternatives for RED Colors include: Anthocyanins such as Black/Purple Carrot, Elderberry, and Purple Sweet Potato, in addition to Beet, Carmine/Cochineal, and Specialty Blends. These natural ingredients are alternatives for the artificial Red#40 and Red #3 currently used by food and beverage companies.
- The natural replacements for ORANGE Colors encompass: Beta-Carotene, Paprika, Annatto, Annatto/Tumeric, and Beta-Apo-8’ Carotenal. These natural colors would include replacements for Orange/Yellow#6 and still provide vibrant shades required by the consumer.
- The natural YELLOW Color options are: Turmeric, ßeta-Carotene, and Annatto. These natural yellows can provide a variety of shades and can be used instead of Yellow#5 which is the basic artificial yellow utilized in the industry.
- Natural PURPLE colors can come from Grape Juice Concentrate, Grape Skin Extract, and Specialty Blends including WILD’s Acid-Stable, Natural Blue Color instead of utilizing the artificial color mixture of two synthetic colors, Red#40+Blue#1.
- For any Green or Blue colors, WILD’s Acid-Stable, Natural BLUE Color is a naturally-derived blue color additive from fruit that is fully suitable across most food and beverage applications. With its excellent stability, WILD’s brilliant blue color is ideal for both food and beverages. The radiant color not only delivers beautiful shades of blue, but also provides the foundation for other colors, including GREEN and PURPLE. Spirulina is now available as an alternative for certain applications as well.
In addition to WILD’s expertise in delivering unique, great-tasting food and beverage flavors and technological solutions, WILD continues to create visually pleasing natural colors for the U.S. Food and Beverage Industry.
About WILD Flavors, GmbH
WILD Flavors GmbH is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, and is one of the world’s leading suppliers of natural ingredients to the food and beverage industry. Its management offices with production sites are located in Heidelberg-Eppelheim, Germany (Rudolf Wild GmbH & Co. KG) and Erlanger, Kentucky, USA (WILD Flavors, Inc.). Fourteen further production sites are located in Europe, USA, Canada, China, Japan, India and Dubai.
The WILD Flavors product portfolio includes full flavor and ingredient solutions, known as flavor systems, fruit juice concentrates and blends as well as further food and beverage ingredients such as natural flavors and extracts, mint oils and flavors, colors from natural sources, sweetening systems, seasonings, specialty ingredients, taste modifiers, and fermentation technologies. WILD Flavors GmbH provides the global beverage and dairy market as well as the baked-good, confectionery and ice cream industry with its products. In the USA and Canada, WILD Flavors GmbH delivers the markets of cereals, snacks, and processed food as well.
SOURCE: Wild Flavors