Lynnfield, Mass.-based Hood Dairy is helping runners refuel, recover, and rehydrate with chocolate milk in Boston.
Hood donated chocolate milk to the "Chocolate Milk Machine" that will be on-site at a pop-up hosted by recovery footwear brand OOFOS and Milk. This vending machine is set up to dispense a free bottle of chocolate milk after runners tweet using the #MILKxOOFOSRECOVERY hashtag throughout the week.
Last year, Milk sponsored over 3,500 women who joined #TeamMilk as part of the Gonna Need Milk 26.2 campaign during the marathon in NYC and matched their registration fee with a donation to Girls on the Run, an organization dedicated to empowering the next generation of girls. This free experiential pop-up will run from Thursday, April 13 to Thursday, April 20 at 799 Boylston St. after the finish line.
Female runners will also be able to learn more about, and sign up for, #TeamMilk on-site and there will also be a variety of events, inspirational and educational speakers, watch parties, medal engraving and more. Outlining the full rundown of events below my signature.
OOFOS: Mile 27 Ultimate Recovery Experience Events are:
- Wednesday, April 13| 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Grand Opening
- Friday, April 14 | 4 p.m. - 5 p.m. - “Conquering Hurdles and MOOving Mountains; An Evening of Inspiration with the OOFOS OOcrew” moderated by Emily Abbate, from the Hurdle Podcast, featuring Olympic Gold medalist Ashley Caldwell, principal dancer for the Boston Ballet, Chyrstyn Fentroy, and Navy Veteranand marathoner, Yuma Haidara
- Monday, April 17| 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Watch Party
- Monday, April 17| Recovery Activities With Normatec and Hyperice
- Monday, April 17| 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Free Medal Engraving
- Tuesday, April 18| Recovery Activities With Normatec and Hyperice
- Tuesday, April 18| 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. - Free Medal Engraving