Ben & Jerry's, Burlington, Vt., said it introduced a new ice cream innovation, Topped, a line of seven unique flavors covered with a chocolatey ganache.
According to the company, there's a Topped flavor for every fan, and each is perfectly paired with a generous, luxurious layer of chocolatey ganache on top. Whiskey Biz, for example, is a brown butter bourbon ice cream with blonde brownies and whiskey caramel swirls topped with white chocolatey ganache and white fudge chunks. This over-the-top flavor is produced in partnership with Vermont spirit sensation WhistlePig Whiskey. The flavor features the award-winning six-year whiskey WhistlePig PiggyBack Rye cooked into the caramel swirls.
Ben & Jerry’s said the remaining six flavors are:
- Chocolate Caramel Cookie Dough: chocolate ice cream with caramel swirls and gobs of chocolate chip cookie dough topped with caramel cups and chocolatey ganache)
- Over the Top: chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls and peanut butter cups topped with mini peanut butter cups and chocolatey ganache)
- Salted Caramel Brownie: vanilla ice cream with salted caramel swirls and fudge brownies topped with caramel cups and chocolatey ganache
- Strawberry Topped Tart: sweet cream ice cream with strawberry swirls and pie crust pieces topped with white chocolatey ganache and candy sprinkles)
- Thick Mint: mint ice cream with chocolate cookie swirls and mint chocolate cookie balls topped with chocolate cookies and chocolatey ganache)
- Tiramisu: mascarpone ice cream with fudge swirls and shortbread pieces topped with espresso fudge chunks and chocolatey ganache).
Topped flavors are available now at retailers nationwide with a suggested retail price of $4.99-$5.49, Ben & Jerry’s said.