WCMA announces new officers, 2020-2021 board of directors
Terms begin on July 1.
The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA), Madison, Wis., announced new officers and new members of the 2020-21 board of directors, with terms beginning July 1. Dave Buholzer of Klondike Cheese Company, Monroe, Wis., will return as board president for his second year.
WCMA said Steve Bechel of Eau Galle Cheese Factory in Durand, Wis., will return as first vice president; Doug Wilke of Valley Queen Cheese Factory in Milbank, S.D., will join the executive team as second vice president; Mike Neu of Chr. Hansen in Milwaukee will return as treasurer; and Greg Siegenthaler of Grande Cheese Co., Fond du Lac, Wis., will return as secretary.
Four industry leaders are joining the WCMA board, including Jeff Gentine of Masters Gallery Foods in Plymouth, Wis., Richard Guggisberg of Guggisberg Cheese in Millersburg, Ohio, Chris Renard of Renard’s Cheese, Sturgeon Bay, Wis., and Bruce Workman of Edelweiss Creamery in Monticello, Wis.
“WCMA’s board of directors has been active and fully engaged as our association addressed industry-specific challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic,” said WCMA Executive Director John Umhoefer. “As our new year begins, we’ll have new perspectives to help us build on our current programming and better serve our members.”
WCMA said the 2020-2021 board of directors also includes:
- Brian Baker of Baker Cheese, St. Cloud, Wis.
- Craig Filkouski of Great Lakes Cheese Co., Hiram, Ohio.
- Gary Gosda of Lake Country Dairy/Schuman Cheese, Turtle Lake, Wis.
- Mike Hinrichsen of Associated Milk Producers Inc., New Ulm, Minn.
- Randy LaGrander of LaGrander’s Hillside Dairy, Stanley, Wis.
- Linda Lee of Prairie Farms Dairy, Edwardsville, Ill.
- Craig Linz of Tetra Pak Inc., Winsted, Minn.
- Tim Omer of Emmi Roth USA, Fitchburg, Wis.
- Paul Scharfman of Specialty Cheese Co., Reeseville, Wis.
- Mike Sipple of Agropur Inc., Appleton, Wis.
- Mark Witke of Zimmerman Cheese, Wiota, Wis.
- Tayt Wuethrich of Grassland Dairy Products Inc., Greenwood, Wis.
The WCMA board of directors said it also wishes to express its appreciation to directors retiring from the board this year who served the maximum term limit of six years: Chris Sandretti of Saputo Cheese USA, Milwaukee; Jim Bleick of Graf Creamery, Bonduel, Wis.; Jeff Wideman of Maple Leaf Cheese Co-op, Monroe, Wis.; and Ken Meyers of MCT Dairies Inc., Millburn, N.J.