During the 2019 Cheese Industry Conference Ideas Showcase speakers will focus on food safety, innovations in dairy processing and packaging equipment, smart financial strategies, and wastewater treatment options. The conference, co-hosted by the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) and the Center for Dairy Research, will be held April 17-18 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, Wis. Registration is open now at CheeseConference.org.
WCMA said these quick, practical talks will include:
April 17 from 12:30-4:20 p.m. on Exhibit Hall Stage A:
- “Alternative Thermal Compliance Options,” The Probst Group.
- "Trending New Flavored Cheese Concepts," Trilogy Essential Ingredients, Inc.
- “Using Data Intelligence to Improve Your High-Quality Cheese Production and Boost Yield,” Tetra Pak.
- “Re-engineered Benzoyl Peroxide for Lower Cost and Greater Application Effectiveness that’s Safe: Non-Flammable Liquid Solution with No Mixing Required Providing a Consistent Dosing in a Continuous Process with Stable Suspension,” Kelley Supply.
- “Advancements in Membrane Filtration (Dairy Processing) to Achieve Higher Yields,” GEA.
- “Using Data and Business Analytics to Shape the Future of the Dairy Industry,” Baker Tilly.
- “A Novel FT-NIR Analyzer to Measure Cheese, Powders, and Fluid Dairy Samples on a Single Instrument,” Bruker Optics.
- “Ethernet Communications for PMO Valves,” Burkert Fluid Control Systems.
At the same time, on Exhibit Hall Stage B, the dairy processing equipment innovation lineup will feature:
- “Weight Control Strategies for Cheese Cutting Operation,” COPRODEV Plus.
- “The Right Packaging Matters,” Bemis Co.
- “CIP Optimization through Diversey’s CIPTEC,” Diversey.
- “The Importance of Consistent Performance of Cheese Culture Rotations,” DSM.
- “How to Segregate Your Wastewater to Reduce Sewer Fees, Treatment Costs, and Offsite Hauling,” Symbiont.
- “Improve Profit Potential with the Recovery of Calcium, Lactose, Proteins, and Other Side Products from Milk, Cheese, and Whey to Repurpose Traditional Waste Streams,” SPX Flow.
- “Reducing Sludge, Energy, and Operating Headaches for Cheese and Dairy Processors with a Low-Rate Anaerobic Digester,” Evoqua Water Technologies.
- “Plant Design, Using 3D Simulation to Achieve Optimal Results,” Dairy.com.
For exact Ideas Showcase presentation times and additional details, visit CheeseConference.org. All attendees must register to participate, and online registration is only available through Monday, April 8, WCMA said.