Northeast Dairy Convention to be held Sept. 24-26
The 31st annual event will take place at the Gettysburg Hotel in Gettysburg, Pa.
The Northeast Dairy Foods Association Inc. and Northeast Dairy Association Inc., both headquartered in North Syracuse, N.Y., in conjunction with the Harrisburg, Pa.-based Pennsylvania Association of Milk Dealers, said they will be convening for the 31st annual Northeast Dairy Convention from Sept. 24-26, 2018 at the Gettysburg Hotel in historic Gettysburg, Pa. Attendees will include more than 130 dairy executives, managers, industry vendors and supplier representatives from throughout the Northeast, who will gather for industry updates and information, panel discussions and networking events. The event will conclude with annual meetings for the associations.
The 2018 convention will feature the following guest speakers:
- Keynote Speaker Russel Redding, Pennsylvania secretary of agriculture, “Perspectives on the Dairy Industry,” Sept. 25 at 8:30 a.m.
- Chris Nicholas, president, Eagle Consulting Group, “Political Perspective in the Region and U.S.,” Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 9:15 a.m.
- Rod Wheeler, associate, ACET Global Consulting, “Regulations vs. Reality: Bridging the FSMA Gap,” Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 10:30 a.m.
- Steve Valentine, associate director, industrial hygiene and safety, Greystone/Partners Environmental Consulting, “OSHA Update: Changes You Need to Know,” Tuesday, Sept. 25 at 11:15 a.m.
- Kim Bukowski, Cornell University, CALS, Extension Professional, “What is Food Fraud and is it Included in Your Food Safety System?,” Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30 a.m.
A panel discussion on the topic of “Perspectives on the Dairy Industry” will also feature Alan Zepp from The Center for Dairy Excellence as the moderator, as well as panelists Hao Truong of Giant Foods, Jeff Raney, a Dairy Farmers of America board member, and Eric Greiner of Byrne Dairy Inc., the organizations said.
A variety of networking events are planned for attendees, spouses and guests, including a tour of the Gettysburg battlefield and a golf tournament.
Anyone associated with the dairy industry is invited to attend the convention, the organizations said. For more information and a registration packet, contact the Northeast Dairy Foods Association at 315-452-6455, the Pennsylvania Association of Milk Dealers at 717-238-1738, or visit www.nedairyfoods.org. Convention registration is open to association members, supplier/vendor associate members, nonmembers and related companies.