Unilever releases a slew of new frozen desserts inspired by nostalgic favorites
Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum and Popsicle now offer 17 new frozen dessert products.
Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., rolled out 17 new frozen treats in 2016 across five of its ice cream brands – Breyers, Good Humor, Klondike, Magnum Ice Cream and Popsicle. Each brand is dishing out an assortment of popular flavors and favorite desserts re-imagined as frozen treats, which are now available in grocery stores nationwide.
Unilever’s new 2016 ice cream products
In celebration of its 150 year anniversary, Breyers introduced a full-frozen twist on ice cream cake. And for the first time, the company is introducing a line of conveniently, pre-portioned snack cups.
- Breyers Ice Cream Cake - Chocolate Ice Cream with chocolate crunchies, sandwiched between vanilla ice cream.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter features chocolate ice cream made with a real peanut butter swirl.
- Coconut Fudge combines real coconut shreds and a fudge swirl.
- Chocolate Snack Cups features chocolate ice cream made with fresh cream and rich Dutch cocoa, in a pre-portioned snack cup.
- Vanilla Snack Cups includes vanilla ice cream, made with simple ingredients like cream, sugar, milk and Rainforest Alliance Certified vanilla beans, in a pre-portioned snack cup.
The Ice Cream Cake, Coconut Fudge and Chocolate Peanut Butter will be available in 48-ounce containers at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99-$5.99. The snack cups are available in 10-count packs of 3-ounce cups at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $5.49-$6.99.
Breyers Gelato Indulgences adds 4 new varieties
- Chocolate Fudge Truffle features milk chocolate gelato with a rich fudge swirl and gourmet chocolate truffles.
- Chocolate Hazelnut combines chocolate gelato with hazelnut flavor, a chocolate hazelnut sauce and gourmet chocolate curls.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate features peanut butter gelato with a milk chocolate swirl and gourmet chocolate peanut butter cups.
The gelato is available in 28.5-ounce clear tubs at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $5.49.
Good Humor adds new frozen novelties
Good Humor added two new cookie-inspired offerings in frozen novelties.
- Good Humor Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich, currently available in the Northeast, features frozen chocolate-flavored dessert, coated in chocolate chips and sandwiched between two chocolate cookies with milk chocolate chips.
- Good Humor Oreo Cone, with its chocolate wafer cone, is filled with frozen cookies and cream dessert and topped with Oreo pieces.
The frozen novelties are available in 4-packs at grocery stores nationwide in the Northeast for a suggested retail price of $3.79.
Klondike re-imagines a classic flavor
Klondike expanded its line of classic, stickless bars to include a new variety –S'Mores Stickless Bars.
- Klondike S'Mores features creamy marshmallow ice cream with sweet graham cracker swirls inside a breakable milk chocolate flavored shell.
The bars are available in 6-packs at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $3.99.
Magnum expands Doubles offerings
Magnum Ice Cream added to its Doubles ice cream line – which features two layers of chocolate around a layer of sauce – to include new twists on classic flavor pairings like chocolate-covered raspberries and chocolate and vanilla.
- Double Raspberry features raspberry ice cream, raspberry sauce and a crackling coating made with Belgian chocolate.
- Double Chocolate Vanilla offers vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate sauce and a coating made with Belgian chocolate.
The ice cream is available in 3-count multipacks at grocery stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.49.
Popsicle adds refreshing new flavors
Popsicle introduced three new varieties that inspire summertime fun at any age.
- Popsicle Tropical Paradise comes in four tropical flavors — Mango, Strawberry-Banana, Island Punch and Pineapple.
- Popsicle Sugar-Free Red Classics offers a better-for-you treat in all the favorite red flavors — Cherry, Raspberry and Strawberry.
- Popsicle Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles complete with Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael and Leonardo, includes four flavors: Orange Fury, Cherry Crush, Blue Raspberry Blast and Smashing Grape.
The frozen treats are available in 18-count boxes for a suggested retail price of $3.99 at grocery stores nationwide.