California Dairies Inc. is the 2015 Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year
CDI has invested tens of millions of dollars in processing plants and training to exports its butter and milk powders.
California Dairies Inc., Visalia, Calif., is the 2015 recipient of the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award from Dairy Foods. The annual award, now in its 10th year, is given with the cooperation of the U.S. Dairy Export Council, Arlington, Va.
Among the reasons Dairy Foods selected CDI are:
• Long-time export relationships with 14 countries worldwide
• Significant volume of exports of butter and milk powders
• Development of AMF and cream cheese for additional export business
• Investment of tens of millions of dollars in processing plants and training
• Establishment of DairyAmerica to provide marketing and logistical knowledge of exporting
CDI will be the subject of a multipage feature article in the November issue. Dairy Foods will present the award in Chicago on Oct. 15 during USDEC’s annual meeting. The magazine will present the award again virtually during USDEC’s global outlook webinar on Dec. 1.
Previous recipients of the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award are:
• Dairy Farmers of America (2014)
• Agri-Mark (2013)
• Glanbia (2012)
• Leprino Foods (2011)
• United Dairymen of Arizona (2010)
• Hilmar Cheese (2009)
• Schreiber Foods (2008)
• Darigold (2007)
• Davisco Foods (2006)