Brookshire Grocery Co. Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas, was named member of the year at the All Star Association’s 58th annual convention in March. Fifty-two member companies and 42 suppliers attended.
Purchasing awards went to Southeast Milk, Belleview, Fla. (large company category) and Country Dairy, New Era, Mich., (small company).
The following earned Quality Assurance awards for dairy products:
- Milk: Super Store Industries, Fairfield, Calif.
- Ice Cream: Velvet Ice Cream, Utica, Ohio
- Buttermilk: Upstate Niagara, Buffalo, N.Y.
- Sour Cream: BGC Mfg., Tyler, Texas
- Cottage Cheese: Upstate Niagara, West Seneca, N.Y.
- Yogurt: Super Stores Industries, Turlock, Calif.
- Ice Cream Mix: Upstate Niagara, Buffalo, N.Y.
The Dr. Henry Randolph Most Improved award went to Super Stores Industries. The Thoroughbred Award (supplier of the year) was given to Berkshire Dairy, Reading, Pa.
Newly elected board members are: Joseph Duscher, Upstate Niagara; Carl Colteryahn III, Colteryahn Dairy; Larry Kurz, Readington Farms; and Greg Meador, Plains Dairy. The executive director is Jeff Sterne.
The association, started in 1958, has over 298 member companies and affiliates representing over 450 plants in 48 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.