Sarah Farms, Yuma, Ariz., is the All Star Association’s Member of the Year. The Lexington, Ky.-based association honored the dairy farm and milk processor and other companies in March at its annual convention.
Purchasing Awards were given to Lakeview Farms of Delphos, Ohio, (in the Large Company category) and to Titusville Dairy of Titusville, Pa. (Small Company).
The following dairy processors received Quality Assurance awards:
- Best Milk. -Super Store Industries, Fairfield, Calif.
- Best Ice Cream. Gifford’s Ice Cream, Skowhegan, Maine
- Best Buttermilk. BGC Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas
- Best Sour Cream. Turner Dairy, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Best Cottage Cheese. Upstate Niagara, West Seneca, N.Y.
- Best Yogurt. North Country Dairy, North Lawrence, N.Y.
- Best Ice Cream Mix. Producers Dairy, Fresno, Calif.
- Dr. Henry Randolph Most Improved Plant. BGC Manufacturing, Tyler, Texas
Winner of the Innovative Product Award is Country Pure Foods for its Sunset Sip, a 4-ounce 100% vegetable juice blend to meet school requirements for daily requirements.
International Food Products, Fenton, Mo., received the Thoroughbred Award, also known as the Supplier of the Year.
In other business at the meeting, the association’s John D. Utterback Annual College Scholarship (totaling $15,000) was divided evenly to the five member-employee dependents.
Newly elected board members are Richard Shehadey of Producers, Dairy, Fresno, Calif.; and Brian Perry, Perry’s Ice Cream, Akron, N.Y.