With the theme “One Powerful Show,” Pack EXPO International is back in-person in Chicago after four years. Produced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, PACK EXPO International will be held October 23-26 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Billed as the world’s most comprehensive packaging and processing trade show, this year’s four-day event offers an estimated 14,500 in-person attendees the chance to connect with colleagues, learn from experts and see new technologies, materials, and machinery in action.
Designed to showcase entire production line solutions and offer everything needed to compete in a changing marketplace — all under one roof in 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space — the trade show is the most efficient and effective way to discover packaging and processing solutions from more than 2,000 exhibitors in over 40 vertical markets. Additionally, there will be more than 100 free educational sessions on the show floor.
In addition to Packaging and Processing, exhibitors will highlight solutions in Automation and Robotics, Materials and Containers, Digital Printing and Labeling, and Supply Chain Solutions.
Always looking to change and innovate, PMMI represents more than 950 North American manufacturers and suppliers of equipment, components, and materials as well as providers of related equipment and services to the packaging and processing industry. New show features include:
- The interactive PACK to the Future Exhibit celebrates the role of packaging and processing throughout history and the impact it is poised to have on the future. The PACK to the Future Stage will provide free industry-expert presentations on cutting-edge industry advancements.
- PACK Match at PACK EXPO International makes its debut in 2022, with the goal to provide attendees complimentary personalized, one-on-one guidance with PACK Match Advisors to connect attendees with the right suppliers.
- The Emerging Brands Summit, to be held Sunday, Oct. 23, in McCormick Place S100, will feature educational content, tabletop exhibits, and expert advisors. This new program is aimed at founders and leaders of startup manufacturing companies looking to scale their brand to larger production through either in-house facility build-out or outsourced relationships with contract manufacturers and packagers.
- PACK Challenge, sponsored by PepsiCo, brings high school teams together in a brand-new competition featuring a head-to-head machine-building challenge. The winning school will be awarded $6,000 for overall Best in Show with an additional three categories to compete in: Filler Performance Gold Cup; Engineering Method/Most Innovative Filler Design and Marketing/Sales.
- The new Industry Speaks Stage features expert sessions from the PACK EXPO Partner Program, addressing the latest hot-button topics and industry trends across multiple industry verticals.
The show also will feature tried and true favorites like the Processing Zone as well as a new Processing Innovation Stage focusing on the latest breakthroughs in processing. In today’s manufacturing environment, processing and packaging are integrated systems, making it critical to bring both solutions under one roof, PMMI says.
Brand-new Pavilions at PACK EXPO International include:
- The Healthcare Packaging Pavilion – The name is the only thing that’s changed about this gathering ground for life science industries. Innovations for pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and medical devices will be front and center in this targeted show floor destination.
- The Logistics Pavilion – A crucial part of the product journey is from manufacturer to consumer. With the boom in eCommerce, The Logistics Pavilion in the North Building will be the place to find targeted solutions related to the supply chain, including warehousing, fulfillment, distribution logistics services, and transportation providers.
The event also will feature unmatched show floor education on three Innovation Stages and at The Forum. The Forum will feature interactive sessions, including small group discussions and Q&A sessions, while the Innovation Stages provide quick presentations on breakthrough technologies and techniques focused on a wide range of industry-specific solutions.
Attendees also can check out returning, popular Pavilions such as:
- The PACKage Printing Pavilion features cutting-edge digital printing and converting, labeling, coding, and marking technologies. Visitors can talk to suppliers about specific needs and discover technology that makes customization, promotions, small runs, on-demand production, and smart packaging cost-effective.
- The Containers and Materials Pavilion is the prime destination for companies looking for innovative containers and materials to meet sustainability goals, refresh a brand or launch new products. It also houses award-nominated packaging solutions in The Showcase of Packaging Innovations, sponsored by WestRock.
- The Confectionery Pavilion, sponsored by the National Confectioner’s Association, highlights candy trends and technologies, and also offers The Candy Bar Lounge (sponsored by Syntegon) for casual networking and idea sharing.
- The Reusable Packaging Pavilion, sponsored by the Reusable Packaging Association, showcases reusable packaging solutions to help reduce waste, cut costs, and gain supply chain efficiency.
- The Workforce Development Pavilion is PACK EXPO International’s one-stop shop for resources to strengthen one’s current workforce and grow the existing workforce.
PMMI will also be offering popular training workshops in Chicago to coincide with PACK EXPO International. For instance, the Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Event tackles timely issues facing women in the industry.
PACK EXPO women registrants also are invited to the Packaging & Processing Women’s Leadership Network Breakfast on Tuesday, Oct. 25. Keynote speaker Dawn Hudson, former chief marketing officer at the National Football League and former president and CEO of Pepsi Cola North America, will share winning business strategies for women, including clean communication, emotional intelligence, leadership techniques, and tips for elevating your networking and negotiation game. Registration is required.
The Technology Excellence Awards will recognize the most innovative technologies not yet shown at a previous PACK EXPO. Attendees will be able to vote onsite on the app, or online for their favorite finalists selected in specific market segments.
Bigger and better than ever, attendees are invited to PACK gives BACK, sponsored by Rockwell Automation, on Monday, Oct. 24, starting at 4:30 p.m. in the West Building. After a big networking reception, attendees can rock out and “come sail away” with the legendary STYX band. Tickets are $95 each (or 10 for $855) and benefit the PMMI Foundation.
To learn more about show features, sign up for special events, search for exhibitors, and to register, visit packexpointernational.com.