The Wisconsin Dairy Products Association’s (WDPA) 2022 Dairy Symposium will be held July 11-12 at the Landmark Resort in Door County, Wis. The Dairy Symposium is a complete and comprehensive program focusing on issues impacting all dairy processors, Middleton, Wis.-based WDPA said. The two-day program will include program speakers social events, a golf outing and the opportunity to network with leading dairy executives in an upscale, resort setting.
WDPA said this year’s Dairy Symposium will be even more special because it coincides with the celebration of the association’s 50th anniversary. There will be champagne, special meals, festive cakes and commemorative videos to acknowledge this milestone event.
WDPA said the event will offer:
- National-caliber-type seminars for all dairy interests. There will be timely and informative educational sessions on potential energy deficits for dairy processors, corrugate and plastic shortages hindering the industry and an informative talk by a western U.S. dairy leader.
- A 50th anniversary bonus offering insights from a leading world economist and financial strategist.
- Representatives from leading dairy companies in attendance to provide opportunities to network and interact with business peers in a relaxed setting.
- Fun-filled events, including a golf outing at one of Door County's premiere golf courses and a special Monday night reception and banquet celebrating WDPA’s 50 years of service to the dairy industry.
The Dairy Symposium begins on Monday, July 11 with a golf outing at The Orchards Golf Club at Egg Harbor. The outing will utilize a scramble format to allow golfers of all abilities to have an enjoyable day, WDPA said. A shotgun start will begin at 10:00 a.m., and lunch, drinks and prizes are included in the golf fee.
That evening there will be a gala reception, followed by the Presidents Award dinner banquet. The presentation of the 2022 WDPA Presidents Awards will be the highlight of this evening, WDPA said.
The next day will begin with a breakfast and the WDPA annual meeting. Following that, the main educational program commences. WDPA said the lineup of speaker presentions will include:
- “Water and Energy: A Sustainable Crisis for Dairy.” This session will feature Jennifer Jensen of Sustainable Environmental Consultants. She is an expert on farm and dairy plant sustainability and what hurdles might be faced in the coming years.
- “The Supply Chain Fallout: What’s Really Happening Here?” Hear from two experts on supply chain issues — Tyler Lenz, chief financial officer, WOW Logistics, and Yone Dewberry, senior vice president, Land O’Lakes (invited) — who will, in a straightforward manner, break down the supply chain disruption issues and suggest possible solutions that may offer some relief.
- “Financial Markets, Wars and Emerging Superpowers.” World-renowned financial expert Ralph Layman — CEO, Blue Ocean Technologies — will share his thoughts on current market conditions, as well as what to expect in the coming years.
The Dairy Symposium will conclude with a lunch with guest speaker, Robert Chesler, CEO of United Dairymen of Arizona, WDPA said.
To register for the 2022 Dairy Symposium, call 608-836-3336, email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a registration brochure or go to www.wdpa.net. The deadline to secure a room at the Landmark Resort is June 3, 2022. The deadline to register for the Dairy Symposium is June 17, 2022.