The Elmhurst, Ill.-based American Dairy Products Institute (ADPI) said the Dairy Purchasing and Risk Management Seminar, hosted by the ADPI and the CME Group, will be held virtually Sept. 27– 30. The event is specifically designed to help dairy industry participants learn the key concepts involved in managing price risk and volatility in the dairy commodity markets.
ADPI said the seminar will focus on risk analysis, applications and training. Seminar agenda highlights include:
- OTC Markets: Prince Jibunor, Cargill and Ryan Moffett, Wells Fargo Securities.
- Clearing and Managing Credit Risk: Simple Singh, CME Group.
- Regulations: Christa Lachenmayer, CFTC, and Chris Reinhardt, CME Group.
A few panel discussions include:
- Outlook Panel covering World Dairy, Weather, Grain and Macro Economics. Panelists: Blu Putnam, CME Group; Mike North, ever.ag; Steve Spencer, Freshagenda; and Jon Davis, Everstream.
- Outlook, Purchasing & Hedging of Whey, Cheese & Class III Milk. Panelists: Ben Laine, Rabo AgriFinance, and Eric Meyer, HighGround Dairy.
- Outlook, Purchasing & Hedging of Butter, NDM & Class IV Milk. Panelists: Erica Maedke, Blimling & Associates Inc., and Kyle Schrad, StoneX Financial Inc.
- Best Practices for a Hedging Program. Panelists: Ronald O’Brien, Interfood, and Chris Herlache, Schreiber Foods.
The seminar includes an optional introductory session on the Fundamentals of Risk Management, which will be held on Monday, Sept. 27. This session has been designed for dairy industry purchasing staff, traders, CEOs, CFOs and treasurers who are either new to the futures markets and/or newly involved in their firm’s risk management operations, or who would like a refresher on the basics, ADPI said. The program will cover basic concepts of futures, options and price risk management.
Complete seminar details, including sponsorship opportunities, program agenda and online registration, are now available at www.adpi.org.