Episode two of the “Let’s Talk Dairy” podcast features Venae Watts, who is the fifth-generation co-owner of Minerva Dairy (along with her brother, Adam Mueller). The Minerva, Ohio-based company, the oldest family-operated creamery in the nation, produces premium (85% butterfat) hand-rolled butter. Watts discusses some of the factors behind the strong recent growth in the butter category — particularly on the premium side. She also talks about an exciting new butter offering from her company.
In this episode, Watts elaborates on:
- The factors behind premium butter’s strong recent growth.
- How butter processors and marketers could keep the momentum going.
- The “secrets” behind Minerva Dairy’s longevity.
- The newest retail product to be released under the Minerva Dairy brand.
- Where the company finds inspiration for its flavored butter lineup.
For access to more podcast episodes, click here.