Alden’s Organic launches nondairy frozen dessert line
The line includes two flavors of “Sammies,” a nondairy twist on ice cream sandwiches.
Alden’s Organic, Eugene, Ore. introduced the Alden’s Organic line of nondairy frozen desserts. Alden’s Organic said the dairy-free lineup serves up true-to-flavor taste and texture. The offerings include seven 14-ounce dairy-free flavors and two dairy-free “Sammies.”
“Consumers are craving a dairy-free option that actually delivers an exceptional, flavor-filled experience,” said Joelle Simmons, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Alden’s Organic. “We saw an opportunity and worked through 29 variations to develop a more progressive, organic dairy-free recipe that upholds the high standards of our famous ice cream.”
The unique recipe is a blend of brown rice, oat flour, coconut oil and pea protein that takes on the flavor profile of the organic ingredients inside, Alden’s Organic said.
The line will be available in Sprouts, Natural Grocers and National Co+Op Grocers in March 2020. The 14-ounce frozen desserts have a suggested retail price ranging from $5.49-$5.99; the two “Sammies” range from $4.99-$5.49.
The varieties include:
- Caramel Almond Crunch: a caramel frozen dessert with sweet organic caramel swirl, chocolate flakes and crunchy almonds.
- Muddy Brownie: a rich chocolate frozen dessert packed with decadent brownie pieces.
- Vanilla Bean: a creamy vanilla frozen dessert with flecks of organic vanilla bean.
- Double Strawberry: a strawberry frozen dessert with a swirl of strawberry sorbet and chunks of organic strawberry.
- Freckled Mint Chip: A mint frozen dessert freckled with Alden’s signature chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Chip: a peanut butter frozen dessert swirled with organic peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Cookie Crumble: a cookie frozen dessert blended with chocolate crème cookie crumbles.
- Vanilla Bean Round Sammie: A vanilla bean frozen dessert scooped between two chocolate cookie wafers.
- Caramel Drizzle Round Sammie: A caramel frozen dessert swirled with organic caramel ribbons sandwiched between two vanilla wafers.
“We know our consumers rely on us for our commitment to organic and providing a delicious treat that will spark a good time,” said Simmons. “With the new dairy-free line, we’ve created even more options that deliver on those promises to serve both new and existing consumers.”