Leaders of Dairy Management Inc. (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) announced the election of a number of dairy farmers as new officers.
The DMI and NDB elections were held during the February board meeting of DMI. New DMI officers include:
- Chair – Marilyn Hershey, Cochranville, Pa.
- Vice chair – Steve Maddox, Riverdale, Calif.
- Secretary – David “Skip” Hardie, Lansing, N.Y.
- Treasurer – Larry Hancock, Muleshoe, Texas
Rosemont, Ill.-based DMI, which manages the national dairy checkoff program, is funded by the NDB and the UDIA, which serves as the federation of state and regional dairy checkoff-funded promotion organizations.
New NDB officers include:
- Chair – Brad Scott, San Jacinto, Calif.
- Vice chair – Connie Seefeldt, Coleman, Wis.
- Secretary – Steve Ballard, Gooding, Idaho
- Treasurer – Carol Ahlem, Hilmar, Calif.
The 37-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Production Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand, and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products, DMI stated.
New UDIA officers, elected in October, include:
- Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 1st vice chair – Allen Merrill, Parker, S.D.
- 2nd vice chair, American Dairy Association (ADA) – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla.
- 2nd vice chair, National Dairy Council (NDC) – Audrey Donahoe, Frankfort, N.Y.
- 2nd vice chair, UDIA Member Relations – Rick Podtburg, Greeley, Colo.
- Secretary – Jim Reid, Jeddo, Mich.
- Treasurer – John Brubaker, Buhl, Idaho
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy farmer-funded promotion organizations that provides marketing programs developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy farmers elected by their respective boards of their member organizations, DMI said.