Noosa yoghurt, Bellvue, Colo., launched six “sweet heat” flavors this summer. The new yogurt flavors feature a combination of spicy and sweet, a growing trend in the food industry, and taps into the savory trend in the dairy industry.
The new flavors are:
- Raspberry Habanero - Raspberry yogurt made with Habanero.
- Pineapple Jalapeno - Pineapple yogurt made with a hot twist of jalapeno pepper.
- Mango Sweet Chili – Mango yogurt featuring hot chili peppers.
- Blackberry Serrano – This yogurt features blackberries and serrano chilies. This flavor rolled out exclusively in noosa’s home state of Colorado in January, but is now available nationwide.
- Bhakti Chai (limited batch) – Features the flavors of Bhakti Chai tea cup in noosa’s creamy yogurt.
- Mexican chocolate (available in 4-ounce, 4 packs) – This yogurt features cinnamon, chocolate and a pinch of chili spice.
The Mexican chocolate flavor contains 150 calories, 6 grams of fat, 17 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein per 4-ounce cup. Each of the new flavors is available nationwide for a suggested of $2.49 for the 8-ounce and $4.99 for the 4-ounce 4-pack.
Got new dairy products to contribute? Submit it to Dairy Foods here.