Chobani, Norwich, N.Y., announced today that it is opening its call for applications to the Chobani Food Incubator. The company designed this incubator to help entrepreneurs and small food companies with big ideas, follow the path to challenge the food industry, improve broken systems and make a difference.
“Natural food start-ups with the right mindset can make a big difference," said Hamdi Ulukaya, founder and CEO, Chobani. "I know that getting started can be the hardest part of the journey, so I designed the Chobani Food Incubator to share what we've learned when it comes to scaling up, challenging the big guys and fighting convention. This is a no-strings-attached, grant-based program to support entrepreneurs so we can further fuel the food revolution.”
The inaugural class of the Chobani Food Incubator will run from October 2016 to March 2017, based out of a dedicated space designed for the Incubator at Chobani in New York, N.Y.
The program specifically includes:
A launching pad
- 6-month incubator from October 2016 to March 2017, online and on-site
- 2-3 team members participating on-site with key Chobani team members
- Monthly programs at Chobani locations across the U.S., including manufacturing facilities and a dedicated space in Chobani’s New York offices
- Program culminating at EXPO West Natural Food Conference in Anaheim, CA, where Incubator participants may showcase products to broad members of the natural food community
Resources with no-strings-attached
- $25,000 grant to help grow your business
- Travel, hotel and other expenses covered
- Equity free capital
Access & advice
The Chobani Food Incubator programming will cover food industry areas of expertise, including:
- Building a Sustainable Business
- Team Building and Scaling
- Brand and Marketing
- Packaging and Pricing
- Sales and Retail Strategy
- Innovation and Manufacturing
- Food Quality and Safety
- Nutrition and Food Labeling
Broader Community & Mentorship
- Access to Chobani teams, top executives, and experts
- Exposure to food industry thought leaders and top retail partners
- Networking with Chobani Food Incubator peers
- Digital support and community engagement between on-site programs
- Regular remote program check-ins
Applicants will be asked to electronically submit information about their products along with a short video and biographical information by August 10, 2016. Finalists will be notified by September 15, 2016.
Applications and additional information is available at www.chobanifoodincubator.com.