QCS Purchasing’s mission is to provide the best possible buying experience and solutions in the form of price, quality and service to its members. QCS is incorporated as a “non-profit” which ensures that all savings and earnings (after expenses) are returned 100% to its members in the form of discounts and rebates. Its organizational expenses are very low and are less than 0.3% of its total overall spend. In addition, there are no ongoing fees or minimum use requirements for any of the programs QCS offers.
A major reason for its success is that the QCS preferred supply network represents only the best in the food and beverage industry. Core areas of supply expertise include:
- Corrugated Boxes
- HDPE Resin
- Orange Juice
- Corn Sweeteners
- Maintenance & Repair Supplies (MRO)
- Freight & Logistics
By focusing on being a “solutions provider” and more than just a purchasing group, QCS has delivered several innovative programs over the years. A few examples are:
- Strategic partnerships in MRO & logistics which complement its in-house staff sourcing capabilities and allow it to be more flexible and to maintain its low-cost profile.
- A highly successful, member-owned insurance company, QCS Captive Insurance.
- A full portfolio of industry-leading training, quality and food safety programs as well as other key industry partners for the benefit of its members.
QCS Purchasing LLC is the largest buying solutions provider of its kind serving well over 400 individual companies and over 800 locations. The company is a joint venture owned by the Southeast Cooperative Organization (SECO), Quality Chekd Dairies and Allied Purchasing. Combined, their member companies have sales well into the multibillions of dollars in dairy, organic, natural foods, water, carbonated beverages, fruit and vegetables and craft beer industries.
This article was prepared by QCS Purchasing. For more information about QCS Purchasing, go to www.qcspurchasing.com.
QCS Purchasing’s operating principles
- To deliver “best in class” pricing, quality and service
- To continue to be the low-cost provider for its community
- To create innovative solutions that benefit our stakeholders