Dairy supplier news: Bosch to acquire Osgood Industries
Bosch Packaging Technology, Farmington Hills, Mich., a leading supplier of process and packaging technology, plans to acquire Osgood Industries Inc., Oldsmar, Florida. Agreements to this effect were signed on February 6, 2015. Bosch intends to further strengthen its engagement in the liquid food industry in North America and additional markets. With sales of approximately 26 million USD in 2014, Osgood employs about 150 associates. The transaction is pending the successful completion of all necessary antitrust approvals. The purchase price was not disclosed.
- Osgood Industries develops, manufactures and distributes fill- and seal equipment for pre-formed containers in liquid food industry
- The U.S.-based company fosters strategic growth in a key market segment and enables additional regional growth in North America and other regions
- Planned acquisition is the latest of several targeted moves of Bosch to strengthen process and packaging technology portfolio
Well-known worldwide in packaging industry
Osgood Industries is well-known in the packaging industry for its expertise in developing, manufacturing and servicing complete rotary and linear machinery lines. They accurately fill pre-formed containers with products which require clean or ultraclean hygienic standards. This comprises both standardized and customized applications. The types of foods typically packaged in this classification include ice cream, yogurt, dessert, salad and cheese, among others. The acquisition will involve a comprehensive service portfolio of maintenance, spare parts, customer engineering, rebuilds and retrofits of existing equipment.
Bosch and Osgood Industries have an already established business relationship. Osgood is a North American sales agent for Bosch, representing Bosch’s portfolio of thermoforming, fill- and seal-technology. The planned acquisition of Osgood Industries follows two major strategic acquisitions Bosch has recently made:
- In August 2013, Bosch acquired Tecsor Machines et Systèmes S.A.S., based in Meyreuil near Marseille, which develops and sells machinery for making and filling polyethylene (PET) containers for liquid and paste-like foodstuffs.
- In October 2012, Bosch acquired Ampack in Königsbrunn, Germany. Its portfolio includes filling machinery for cups and bottles. This machinery is mainly used to fill and package highly sensitive foodstuffs such as dairy products, baby food and hospital food.