Dairy processors made the following announcements recently about plant expansisions and new hires:
- Gelato and sorbet processor G.S. Gelato & Desserts, Fort Walton Beach, Fla., is expanding its production capabilities and is building a 25,000-square-foot warehouse.
- Sargento Foods Inc. hired Jeremy Behler as Vice President of Strategic Analysis, part of the Sargento financial team.
- California Dairies Inc. hired Lowell Richardson as Senior Vice President Human Resources to focus on labor relations, succession planning and talent management.
- Grupo LaLa said CFO Antonio Zamora Galland is leaving the company on Jan. 1, 2015 to be succeeded by Gabriel Fernandez Ares de Parga. Fernandez worked for 10 years with Mars Inc., where he served as vice president of finance for Mars Chocolate North America Region.
- James Jordan was promoted to national sales manager at Berner Food and Beverage, Dakota, Ill.
- National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB) honored Glen Schroeder, a dairy farmer from Caledonia, Minn., as the 2014 recipient of the Richard E. Lyng Award for his extensive contributions and distinguished service to dairy promotion. As part of the Richard E. Lyng award, the NDB will contribute $2,500 equally among the University of Minnesota (St. Paul) and Ridgewater Community College in Willmar, Minn., in Schroeder’s name.
- David Leonhardi of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board was elected chairman of the board of the International Dairy-Deli-Bakery Association for 2014-2015. John Cheesman of Maplehurst Bakeries was elected executive vice chairman, Jewel Hunt of Safeway Inc. was elected vice chairman and Erik Waterkotte of John Morrell Food Group was elected treasurer.