Krehalon, a global, premium line of barrier shrink packaging materials for cheese and perishable foods, will now be available to food manufacturers in the USA through Kureha America LLC.
Fred Daniell, president of Kureha America LLC, said, “While the Krehalon brand is new to the U.S. market, it is well established with proven performance and value throughout the globe. We’re launching the brand with our own primary technology, manufacturing and service resources and are looking forward to providing the US food packaging market greater access to these superior-performing products.”
Kureha America LLC will offer the full range of Krehalon products — standard, high-abuse and cook-in shrink bags, Form Shrink films and Flow-wrap films — to accommodate a wide variety of retail, food service and distribution packaging options. Krehalon specialty films are uniquely formulated to provide a combination of:
- Unsurpassed clarity and gloss for retail shelf appearance
- Outstanding puncture and abrasion resistance, and toughness for product protection
- Ideal oxygen, moisture and UV barrier properties for extending shelf life
- A wide sealing range for consistent and reliable performance on industry packaging equipment
- High shrinkage rates to provide skin-tight vacuum packs and control purge
Previously, Krehalon products had been sold in the United States by Flavorseal. Now, Kureha America LLC will provide local sales and technical service support, along with local bag-making to enhance flexibility and speed-to-market. Local converting capabilities will also be used to support Krehalon sales elsewhere in North America, where Unipac Packaging Products (Canada) and AERSA (Mexico) have already very capably established the Krehalon product range.
For more information, contact Jeff Sherry, Kureha America LLC, 420 Lexington Avenue Suite 2510, New York, NY 10170 or email@example.com.
SOURCE: Kureha America