From functional foods and beverages to decadent desserts, Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) featured a wide range of its high-quality ingredients at the 2013 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Food Expo in Chicago.
"IFT is an opportunity for us to showcase how ADM’s wide range of ingredients, as well as technical support and services, help food and beverage manufacturers create quality products that meet today’s changing consumer preferences,” said Tom Burrows, marketing director, ADM Foods & Wellness. “The products and samples we are highlighting at the show include examples of better-for-you foods and beverages that have benefits such as extra protein and vegetable servings, in addition to products where ADM ingredients, such as oils or cocoa, help produce a final product that looks and tastes exceptional.”
ADM served samples that demonstrate how the company’s ingredients can be used in foods and beverages that consumers enjoy every day:
• Gluten-Free Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup – These fluffy, gluten-free pancakes are made with Harvest Pearl sorghum flour mix and topped with blueberry syrup.
• *Citrus Cooler – Great tasting and good for you too, this beverage is a 100 percent fruit juice blend made with CLARISOY* 100 featuring 7 grams of protein.
• Tropical Particulate Bar – This tasty bar is choc-full of healthful ADM ingredients including Fibersol LQ, Fibersol-2, navy bean powder and whole-grain sorghum soy protein crisps, isoflavones, phytosterols and Vitamin E.
• Maple Bacon-Flavored Navy Bean Puff – VegeFull navy beans give this wholesome snack a boost of protein and fiber.
• Mini Egg Rolls with Sweet & Sour Sauce – These egg rolls are fried crisp in a blend of high oleic soybean oil and NuSun sunflower oil and served with a sweet and sour dipping sauce.
• Chocolate-Filled Cupcakes – These cupcakes feature a double dose of deZaan cocoa powders in the cupcake batter and creamy filling, while a blend of palm and canola oils give the cupcakes a rich, moist texture.
• *Cocoa Café – Iced and hot mocha beverages featuring deZaan cocoa powders.
In addition, ADM Oils commemorated 10 years of award winning technical advancements in fats and oils with a special celebration and samples. ADM pioneered the NovaLipid technology, creating a “zero grams trans per serving” domestic solution that utilizes soybean oil and fully hydrogenated soybean oil in the formulation.
ADM’s CLARISOY 100 opens up opportunities for beverage manufacturers to fortify sport drinks, fruit juices, fruit blends and powdered drinks where maintaining transparency is important. Specifically developed for use in beverages with pH levels below 4.0, CLARISOY 100 provides beverage manufacturers with the ability to formulate comfortably 5 to 10 grams of protein. Until now, those application areas have been off-limits to soy proteins due to the formulation challenges of using soy in low pH applications. CLARISOY 100, however, is 100 percent soluble and transparent in low pH beverages.
The first extension to the CLARISOY line, CLARISOY 150 is a clean-tasting isolated soy protein for neutral pH applications, providing beverage manufacturers with the ability to formulate comfortably up to 10 grams of protein. CLARISOY is extremely heat-stable with proven compatibility with dairy-based protein sources. CLARISOY 150 is well-suited for use in soymilks, meal replacement drinks or smoothies.
ADM Cocoa recently expanded its cocoa powder offering, under its iconic deZaan brand. Following the launch of deZaan D11EB, an extra black cocoa powder, and the Fresco Cacao range featuring deZaan F11FR, a fruity non-bitter cocoa powder suited to yogurt and fresh fruit applications, deZaan D11SQ cocoa powder was launched, which offers an intense cocoa and chocolaty taste with an appealing dark brown color to complement the flavor intensity.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 460 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 140 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.