Who won the Dairy Foods 2012 Plant of the Year?
Readers of Dairy Foods selected the 2012 Plant of the Year in online voting during the month of June. The magazine nominated 13 dairy processing plants that had been featured in Dairy Foods magazine and on dairyfoods.com over the previous 18 months. The nominees were:
- The Dannon Co., Minster, Ohio
- Gifford's Ice Cream, Skowhegan, Maine
- Broadacre Dairy, Powell Station, Tenn. Swiss Valley Farms, Luana, Iowa
- Mars Ice Cream, Burr Ridge, Ill.
- Emmi Roth USA, Penn Yan, N.Y.
- Pierre's Ice Cream, Cleveland
- Milano's Cheese, Linden, N.J.
- Fage, Johnstown, N.Y.
- Guida's Milk, New Britain, Conn.
- DCI Cheese, Green Bay, Wis.
- Perry's Ice Cream, Akron, N.Y.
- Nestle, Anderson, Ind.
The winning dairy processor will receive a trophy and recognition in the August issue of Dairy Foods. The article will include previously unpublished photos and new information.
So who won the Dairy Foods 2012 Plant of the Year? Click to see the winner.