Dairy marketers dangle trips and cash in this week’s free-standing inserts.
Baileys coffee creamers, processed by HP Hood, lures shoppers with the promise of a trip to Ireland. The marketer directs readers to a website or they can scan a QR code with a smart phone. The “Win A Trip To Ireland Sweepstakes” offers one grand prize (valued at $6,000) which consists of round-trip airfare for two; six nights hotel room; and a compact rental car. Entry is by scanning a quick-response code or logging on to the website and completing an entry form. The contest runs from March 1 to April 30. The FSI is headlined “Savor the richness and creaminess you can only get from Baileys Coffee Creamers.” A list of nonalcoholic flavors includes two new SKUS: fat-free original Irish cream and fat-free French vanilla.
Kozy Shack’s “Taste & Shout!” contest offers two grand prizes consisting of $5,000 cash. Entry is online from March 1 to May 31. Entrants enter a UPC into the entry form and a brief description of why they love the product. The FSI, which features a QR code, notes that the puddings are gluten-free.
In other FSI activity this week:
- Suncore Products states its WhoNu? Cookies contain “as much calcium and vitamin D as an 8-ounce glass of milk.”
- Baskin-Robbins touts its new 3-Point Chocolate ice cream containing “a salty caramel ribbon and caramel pretzel balls.”
- T. Marzetti promotes its Otria Greek yogurt vegetable dip. A testimonial states, “I HIGHLY recommend you trying this to WOW YOUR CROWD!” The company website is shown. A separate FSI promotes the company’s Simply Dressed salad dressings, noting that the foods contain no preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, MSG or artificial colors.
- Dannon states its Oikos fruit-on-the-bottom Greek yogurt is “possibly the best yogurt in the world”, backing up the claim that it beat Chobani 2-to-1 in a taste test.
- Abbott Nutrition promotes its PediaSure and Sidekicks nutritional supplements (made with dairy ingredients) for children.
- GFA Brands shows its Smart Balance milk and buttery spread, stating that the fat-free milk contains “all three Omega-3s: ALA, and the all-important EPA and DHA which contribute to a heart-healthier diet.”
- Campbell’s and Reckitt Benckiser team up for a tuna noodle casserole recipe that calls for one-half cup milk and one tablespoon butter.
- Sweet Tomatoes restaurant promotes a menu of comfort foods, including grilled cheese foccacia dippers.