Challenge Butter, a U.S. farmer-owned butter brand headquartered in Dublin, Calif., launched Challenge Butter Snack Spreads. The new spreads make a variety of favorite sweet and savory flavor profiles, ranging from Chocolate and Salted Caramel to Everything and Buffalo, available in a Challenge Butter-based spread.
As consumers seek easier ways to add fast flavor to meals and snacks with fresh ingredients, Challenge Butter designed these Snack Spreads for topping, dipping, spreading, slathering, sauteing and more. Made with real butter and no artificial flavors, the Snack Spreads are available in three dessert and three seasoned varieties:
• Vanilla Fudge Dessert Snack Spread – a hint of sweetness perfect for brightening up graham crackers, pretzels and waffles.
• Chocolate Dessert Snack Spread – chocolaty bliss that's amazing on popcorn, crepes and strawberries.
• Salted Caramel Dessert Snack Spread – a perfect balance of sweet and salty on apples, pancakes and sauteed bananas.
• Buffalo Seasoned Snack Spread – Mildly spicy with the perfect amount of tang offers a kick to quesadillas, cauliflower and chicken wings.
• Everything Seasoned Snack Spread – This popular roasted, savory flavor combination takes pita chips, chicken, sandwiches, and vegetable marinades to the next level.
• Garlic Parmesan and Herb Seasoned Snack Spread – a perfect blend of garlic, Parmesan and herbs that brings bold flavors to pasta, meats, bread and chips.
"The Challenge Snack Spread line adds a new, flavorful twist to our beloved, freshly churned butter, making it possible for anyone to enhance their favorite snacks and meals quickly and easily," says Michael Burdeny, president of Challenge Dairy Products Inc. "Even after 110 years, Challenge continues to push itself to bring fresh innovation to the category, responding to consumers' growing interest in snacks and seeking ways to further enhance those eating occasions."
Founded in 1911, the award-winning Challenge Butter, a wholly owned subsidiary of California Dairies Inc., is churned fresh daily from pure sweet cream by family dairy farmers who are leaders in sustainable farming and animal welfare practices, the company says. In addition to the new line of sweet and savory snack spreads, its portfolio includes traditional butter, spreadable butters, European-style butters and cream cheese.
Challenge Butter Snack Spreads are packaged in 6.5-ounce tubs for a suggested retail price of $3.99. They can be purchased at retailers across the country, including Meijer, Spartan Nash, Harris Teeter, SaveMart, Lucky's, Lowe's Foods and Albertsons and its subsidiaries including Safeway, Jewel-Osco and Vons, with additional retail availability to follow this summer.