The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA), Madison, Wis., said Steve Bechel of Eau Galle Cheese Factory in Durand, Wis., will serve as president of its board of directors in the 2021-2022 term, which begins July 1.
“Earning the confidence of my peers and friends to lead the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association is a tremendous honor, and I’m excited to continue the work our board has been doing to expand member services and the reach and impact of the association’s advocacy work,” said Bechel.
Board elections were held last week, WCMA said, determining both new officers and new directors for the 2021-2022 term. Joining Bechel as officers are Doug Wilke of Valley Queen Cheese Factory, Milbank, S.D., who will serve as first vice president; Mike Sipple of Agropur Inc.-USA, Appleton, Wis., who will serve as second vice president; Mike Neu of Chr. Hansen in Milwaukee, who returns to his post as treasurer; and Chris Renard of Renard’s Cheese, Sturgeon Bay, Wis., joining as secretary.
Three industry leaders were elected to join the board, WCMA said, including Tom Dahmen of V&V Supremo Foods – Chula Vista Cheese, Browntown, Wis.; Kyle Jensen of Hilmar Cheese Co., Hilmar, Calif.; and Chris Roelli of Roelli Cheese Co., Shullsburg, Wis.
The 2021-22 board of directors also includes:
- Graham Archer of Tetra Pak Inc., Winsted, Minn.
- Brian Baker of Baker Cheese, St. Cloud, Wis.
- Linda Lee of Prairie Farms Dairy Inc. – Cheese Division, Davenport, Iowa.
- Craig Filkouski of Great Lakes Cheese Co., Hiram, Ohio.
- Jeff Gentine of Masters Gallery Foods, Plymouth, Wis.
- Gary Gosda of Schuman Cheese – Lake Country Dairy, Turtle Lake, Wis.
- Richard Guggisberg of Guggisberg Cheese, Millersburg, Ohio.
- Mike Hinrichsen of Associated Milk Producers Inc., New Ulm, Minn.
- Randy LaGrander of LaGrander’s Hillside Dairy, Stanley, Wis.
- Tim Omer of Emmi Roth USA, Fitchburg, Wis.
- Paul Scharfman of Specialty Cheese Co., Reeseville, Wis.
- Bruce Workman of Edelweiss Creamery, Monticello, Wis.
- Tayt Wuethrich of Grassland Dairy Products Inc., Greenwood, Wis.
WCMA said it wishes to express its appreciation to the outgoing board president, Dave Buholzer of Klondike Cheese Co. in Monroe, Wis., and directors Greg Siegenthaler of Grande Cheese Co. in Fond du Lac, Wis., and Mark Witke of Zimmerman Cheese in South Wayne, Wis. They are all retiring from the board after serving the maximum term limit of six years.