FPSA, an equipment group, elects officers, board members
Tom Kittle, the president of Handtmann Inc., serve as chairman of the Food Processing Suppliers Association.
At the annual meeting of the FPSA (the Food Processing Suppliers Association), McLean, Va., members elected a new board of directors and executive committee.
Making up the Executive Committee are:
- Tom Kittle, president of Handtmann Inc. and Handtmann Canada Ltd., who will serve as chairman;
- Gil Williams, president U.S. and Canada of Poly-clip System, who will serve as immediate past chairman;
- John Atanasio, president and CEO of Alfa Laval Inc., who will serve as treasurer;
- Dan Plante, director of sales and marketing for JBT FoodTech, who will serve as chairman of the Membership Committee;
- Bill McPhail, president of MAX Engineering & Consulting, who will serve as chairman of the show committee. Process Expo will be held Sept. 19 to 22, 2017 in Chicago.
Jeff Dahl of JBT FoodTech has moved on from the executive committee and assumes the role of chairman of the FPSA Foundation.
The Food Processing Suppliers Association is a global trade association serving suppliers in the food and beverage industries. Programs and services include the trade show Process Expo, electronic media marketing, education, and advocacy for issues such as food safety, sanitary design of equipment, and global trade. FPSA’s annual meeting was held March 10.
FPSA members are organized in vertical industry councils which focus on specific needs and concerns that are unique to each industry sector. FPSA councils currently represent the Bakery, Beverage, Dairy, Prepared Foods and Meat sectors.
In other business, Jarrod McCarroll from Weber Inc. was elected chairman of MISA (the Meat Industry Suppliers Alliance), Brian Perkins of Provisur was elected vice chairman of MISA, Bert Wesley from Woodard & Curran was elected as the chairman of the Beverage Council, Chad Hawkins from SPX FLOW was elected vice chairman of the Beverage Council, Edel Blanks of Intralox was elected chairman of the Prepared Foods Council, Dan Voit of Blentech was elected vice chairman of the Prepared Foods Council, Ken Hagedorn of Naegele Inc. was elected chairman of the Bakery Council, and Ed Fay of CMC America was elected vice chairman of the Bakery Council.
All of these individuals will serve on the FPSA Board of Directors, joining Glenn LeBlanc of Berry Plastics who was elected in 2015 as Vice Chairman of the Dairy Council.
The Bakery Council elected Tony Graves from the Dennis Group, the Beverage Council elected Hank Brink from Design Group, and MISA elected Bob Grote of Grote Company to serve as at large members of the board.