Daiya introduces a nondairy Greek Yogurt alternative
Maker dairy-free foods, Daiya, Vancouver, British Columbia, introduced a Greek yogurt alternative to its line, expanding its plant-based offerings.
The nondairy Greek-style yogurt is soy-free and gluten-free. It’s also kosher and certified vegan. The yogurt is made from a blend featuring coconut, pea protein and real fruit. The yogurt is available in four flavors: peach, strawberry, black cherry and blueberry. A 1-cup serving of the strawberry flavor contains 150 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 13 grams of sugar and 8 grams of protein.
The suggested retail price is $1.99 per 8-ounce cup and sold in the dairy case at more than 20,000 grocery stores in the United States, including Whole Foods, Kroger's, Safeway and Publix, as well as most natural food retailers.
Try this quick, gluten-free Blueberry Pancake Recipe, courtesy of Daiya:
- ¼ cup Daiya Blueberry Greek Yogurt Alternative
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ ripe medium-sized banana
- 6 Tbsp. egg white alternative
- 1-2 Tbsp. almond milk (add more depending on thickness of batter)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Coat skillet with light layer of olive oil and preheat over medium heat
- Blend all ingredients until oats are fully broken down and batter is smooth and frothy; let batter sit and thicken for a few minutes
- Pour batter onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook about 5 minutes, flipping halfway, until bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes