DAIRY PEOPLE NEWS
American Butter Institute elects new president
At the fall Board meeting of the American Butter Institute (ABI) held in October in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., Irv Holmes of Challenge Dairy Products Inc. was elected as the new president of ABI. Two new officers were also seated: Dean Van Tuinen of Darigold was elected first vice president, and John Ellenberger of Land O’Lakes Inc. was elected second vice president. Each position is a two-year term. The institute also welcomed Doug Glade, a new ABI representative from Dairy Farmers of America. Glade replaces the long-serving board member and past ABI President Mark Korsmeyer.
Organic Valley promotes 7 members of national sales team
Organic Valley, La Farge, Wis., promoted seven members of its national sales teams to positions at the director and regional manager levels. The promoted employees and their new titles are as follows:
- Pete Bassett, director of global sales
- David Butterfield, western sales manager, Natural Channel
- Douglas Hanson, director of sales, Private Label & Ingredients
- George Konovalov, director of sales, Grocery
- Jack Lee, director of sales, National Accounts
- Dennis O’Loughlin, director of sales, Natural Channel
- Wayne Shaker, director of sales, Emerging Channels
New president named at Schwan’s Consumer Brands
The Schwan Food Co., Marshall, Minn., promoted Kevin McAdams to the position of president of Schwan’s Consumer Brands Inc. He will report directly to Dimitrios Smyrnios, CEO of The Schwan Food Co., and serve on the company’s executive committee.
Schwan’s Consumer Brands is a subsidiary of The Schwan Food Co.