The 2014 Exporter of the Year is Dairy Farmers of America
The dairy co-op's export products include whole and skim milk powder, whey, cheese, butter and dairy beverages.
Dairy Farmers of America, Kansas City, Mo., has been selected to receive the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award from Dairy Foods. The award is sponsored by the U.S. Dairy Export Council and is named for the former chairman of USDEC.
|Previous recipients of the Exporter of the Year award|
|2012 Glanbia USA|
|2011 Leprino Foods|
|2010 United Dairymen of Arizona|
|2009 Hilmar Cheese Co.|
|2008 Schreiber Foods|
|2006 Davisco Foods|
|Source: Dairy Foods|
Among the reasons the magazine selected Dairy Farmers of America are:
• The dairy cooperative’s long-time championing of U.S. dairy industry exports.
• Manufacturing of a variety of export products, including whole and skim milk powder, whey, cheese, butter and dairy beverages.
• Its growth in export sales, especially a 43% increase from 2012 to 2013.
• Investment in the Fallon, Nevada, plant to supply global markets, and recent initiative to expand overseas sales of long-life milk.
• Active industry leadership, starting with charter membership in USDEC and participation on its trade policy committee work and participation in USDA’s Dairy Industry Advisory Committee.
Dairy Farmers of America will be the subject of a feature article in the November Dairy Foods magazine. Dairy Foods will present the award during the annual business meeting of USDEC in Chicago on Oct. 16.