The 2012 Exporter of the Year is Glanbia USA
The Evanston, Ill.-based company will receive the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award from Dairy Foods at USDEC's annual meeting in October.
Glanbia USA has been selected to receive the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award from Dairy Foods. The award, sponsored by the U.S. Dairy Export Council, is named for the former chairman of USDEC. Among the reasons for Glanbia's selection are:
• A well-balanced product portfolio of cheeses and dairy ingredients
• Cheese customers in 28 countries and ingredient customers in 45 countries
• Willingness to make what the customer wants
• Yearly growth in export sales
• Offices in each of Glanbia's key export regions
• Participation in industry forums, including the U.S. Dairy Export Council
The company will be the subject of a feature article in the November Dairy Foods magazine. A formal awards presentation will be made at the USDEC annual meeting in October.
Previous recipients of the Tom Camerlo Exporter of the Year award are Leprino Foods (2011), United Dairymen of Arizona (2010), Hilmar Cheese (2009), Schreiber Foods (2008), Darigold (2007) and Davisco Foods (2006).