Scholarships, partnerships, chocolate chips and other news
The Wisconsin Dairy Products Association (WDPA) once again offers the Robert L. Bradley Scholarship, an annual $2,000 award that comes from the net proceeds of the World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest auction. The first scholarship is named after Dr. Bob Bradley, a long-time professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a major supporter of WDPA. Two scholarships will be awarded to two deserving college students pursuing careers in the dairy industry. The scholarships are available to any student attending a University of Wisconsin system school. To be eligible for the scholarships, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Graduating high school seniors and college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible. Grad students are not eligible.
- The student must be attending a UW school or planning to attend (if presently a high school senior).
- The student must be in the food science, dairy science program, or a dairy industry-related program (should explain in essay how their field of interest will benefit the dairy industry).
- The student must be in good academic standing.
- The award can be used for any college educational expenses, including tuition, books, room and board, etc.
How to apply:
- The student must complete the application. In addition, the student must write a 400-word essay explaining their current field of study and how it relates to their future goals.
- Student must submit two letters of recommendation from reliable, unrelated (to student) sources.
- Student must submit their high school transcript and current college transcript.
- Student must send the completed application, essay, transcripts and letters of recommendation to WDPA (8383 Greenway Blvd., Middleton, WI 53562 or firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 15.
- WDPA will code each application and block out the personal information of the applicant for the judges.
- A judging panel will review all applications.
- The scholarship winner will be announced on April 30.
- The scholarship check will be deposited in the winning student’s account at the UW Bursar’s office and will be divided equally between the Fall 2012 and Spring 2013 semesters ($1,000 disbursed for each semester).
- The winning students will be invited to attend the World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest auction on Oct. 2 in order to be properly recognized.
GlanbiaFoods plans to build a three-story, 35,000-square-foot office complex and a 14,000-square-foot research center in downtown Twin Falls, Minn. The $15 million project is expected to open by March 2013.