Blommer Chocolate, a Chicago-based processor of cocoa beans and ingredient chocolate products, is expanding its Campbellford, Ontario, plant and tripling capacity to meet demand from several large, long-term supply agreements.
Blommer purchased the 85,000-square-foot plant in 2006 to manufacture specialty coatings, including the Vivid line of colors and flavors, yogurt and cocoa-based coatings and protein-fortified products for the confectionary, snack and nutritional bar markets. The expansion is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter 2011.
The facility has long embraced lean manufacturing methodology, and was recently awarded the Excellence in Manufacturing Award from the Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium. “We’re very proud of the achievements of the Campbellford facility,” says Rick Blommer, vice president. “Their award-winning productivity levels and management style really stand out as superior. The plant has grown in volume four-fold since 2006, and the recent large supply agreements have led us to this sizable expansion.”
About Blommer Chocolate Co.
Blommer Chocolate Co. is the largest cocoa processor and ingredient chocolate supplier in North America. With more than 600 employees and four strategically located manufacturing facilities in North America, the company provides comprehensive business solutions for domestic and international customers of all sizes in the confectionery, baking and dairy industries. Among Blommer’s core competencies are cocoa bean processing, chocolate manufacturing, commodity risk management and product and process R&D. The company is a leader in advancing sustainable cocoa farming, playing an active role in the World Cocoa Foundation and promoting sustainable farming practices through its privately managed programs in Cote d'Ivoire, Indonesia and Ecuador. Founded in 1939, the family owned and operated company has established an outstanding reputation for customer service and quality. For more information, go to www.blommer.com.
Blommer Chocolate Triples Capacity at Campbellford, Ontario, Plant
June 2, 2011