Tom Newmaster, principal owner of FORCEpkg, joins us for Episode 25 of the “Let’s Talk Dairy” podcast. Newmaster has more than 25 years of experience in consumer packaged goods (CPG) branding and package design. From 1998 to 2016, he was a principal and co-owner of WFM. Over the past three years, Newmaster’s has overseen the launch of FORCEpkg, a branding and packaging design firm headquartered in Lancaster, Pa.
Newmaster’s experience dates back to the early 2000s, when his company at the time was tasked with managing packaging and packaging design for Hershey’s chocolate and strawberry milks. They also handled Hershey’s Chocolate and Strawberry Syrup business units, as well as the other ice cream toppings available at that time, redesigning packaging and developing point-of-purchase materials. More recently at FORCEpkg, he worked on Levels’ whey protein powder packaging, handled packaging, and brand development for R.M. Heagy and Lancaster Farmhouse cheese. For Aurora Organic Dairy, he created renderings and prototype packaging.
In this episode, Newmaster discuss:
- The global dairy packaging market was valued at $23.4 billion in 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% expected from 2023-2028, according to the IMARC Group. What will drive this growth?
- The most popular type of packaging, i.e., flexible, rigid, pouches, etc., used in the dairy industry today and why.
- The biggest packaging trends today.
- Sustainability in packaging and the role it can play in a more environmentally friendly dairy industry.
- The biggest challenges the packaging industry faces.
- The biggest opportunities in the packaging market today.
For access to more podcast episodes, click here.