Dairy brands fared well in 2013, scoring three spots in the top 10 on Information Resources Inc.’s 2013 New Product Pacesetters report. Chicago-based IRI calls these “the most successful consumer packaged goods” of the year. Its 2013 New Product Pacesetters report is considered to be a benchmark analysis of exceptional first-year CPG sales success for newly launched products.
“Innovation in 2013 is all about healthier-for-you products,” said Susan Viamari, editor, Thought Leadership, IRI. “‘Healthy’ is truly everywhere. From food and beverages to hair care, skin care, and even pet food and cleaning products, consumers not only want to look and feel their best, but they want improved wellness to extend to their homes and pets, too.”
For the top 100 food and beverage champions, average year-one dollar sales were $35 million. Healthy attributes played a huge role in the success of new food and beverage brands, according to an IRI press release. Seven of the top 10 and 73 of the top 100 food and beverage products launched in 2013 offer a healthier-for-you benefit.
Download the full “2013 New Product Pacesetters” report at iriworldwide.com.
2013 New Product Pacesetters: Top 10 Food and Beverage Brands
1. Dannon Light & Fit Greek $144.9 million
2. Yoplait Greek 100 $135.1 million
3. Kellogg’s Special K Pastry Crisps $100.6 million
4. Tostitos Cantina Tortilla Chips $100.3 million
5. Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita $97.4 million
6. Müller Yogurt $95.8 million
7. Eight O’Clock K-Cups $89.8 million
8. Pepsi Next $83.2 million
9. Kellogg’s Special K Flatbread
Breakfast Sandwiches $77.9 million
10. Atkins Frozen Meals $74 million
Total year-one sales, multi-outlet
Source: IRI Market Advantage